Talk

Advanced search

First Period HELP!?

(11 Posts)
TheManicMummy Tue 07-Feb-17 12:23:25

It's my first period after my miscarriage and at times it is so heavy that minutes after I put on a new pad I'm soaking through it? Then the period will lighten up but what concerns me is I've never had heavy periods and especially not with large clots in?

Do I need to seek medical advice? Or is a heavy period with clots in normal for the first period after a miscarriage?? Xx

SleepFreeZone Tue 07-Feb-17 12:26:33

I would say that was certainly normal for me. So sorry for your loss 😔flowers

Greenglassteacup Wed 08-Feb-17 08:20:18

Happened like this for me too flowers

Crazyvaperlady Wed 08-Feb-17 15:14:42

I'm awaiting my first period after miscarriage, happened on 26th January and wondering how long it can take?

Chinnygirl Wed 08-Feb-17 15:51:31

I've had a few miscarriages and the period after is either very very heavy or very very light hmm. I guess our bodies do whatever is necessary.

Greenglassteacup Wed 08-Feb-17 18:13:45

Mine was 4 weeks after the erpc

Greenglassteacup Wed 08-Feb-17 19:02:22

And then the same after my second miscarriage

Greenglassteacup Wed 08-Feb-17 19:03:23

I had to wear maternity pads & sleep on bath towels. Horrendous.

Thingymaboob Wed 08-Feb-17 22:22:47

I have had 4 periods since my MC. They have all been weird. Like, paste like. I also get very bad ovulation pains for 3 days. Then I have 2 days of spotting around CD26/27 then POW! I bleed heavily for 1 day then brown paste. Having a transvaginal scan in the morning to see if any things up!

Thingymaboob Thu 09-Feb-17 17:30:36

Scan showed nothing! All fine! confused

TheManicMummy Fri 10-Feb-17 08:34:48

It's soo heavy with clots. It's been over a week now. It's driving me insane I'm soaking through a tampon and a pad at times then other times I have hardly anything at all x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now