Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage-9 weeks yolk only?

(5 Posts)
Embobolina88 Tue 07-Feb-17 06:29:19

I'm in the process of miscarriage. I was told at an early scan Saturday- should have been 9 weeks but there was only the yolk. Yesterday started with brown discharge then intermittently a but if red blood. Today back to brown discharge again. Anyone any experience with similar? Is it going to get much heavier?

Cocoabean25 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:08:38

Hi embobolina

I know you posted this a few days ago but I wanted to reply as I know what a lonely time going through miscarriage can be. I had quite heavy bleeding during the miscarriage and quite a lot of clots but I've heard that it can range from really light bleeding to really heavy. How are things going now? xxx

Embobolina88 Tue 14-Feb-17 23:19:07

Hi. Thanks for your message. It was a pretty horrific week. Ended up in hospital 2 nights but was scanned on Saturday and they confirmed everything had passed apart from 2 clots. Still bleeding but I think I'm getting there. This was my second miscarriage since october. I was rock bottom last week. I have a healthy 18 month old, I had a perfect pregnancy with him. I couldn't wait to do it all again but I just don't think it's going to happen for us again. I don't know how I'm going to build the strength up mentally to try again. But I know I have to because I'm desperate to give him a brother or sister. I need to have another. And I know that's greedy. And I am so lucky to have one. But I can't help being devastated at the thought of not doing it again. My heart hurts so much. But I know I will be ok, it has to be ok. How are you now?

Cocoabean25 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:56:34

Perhaps give it a couple of months then try again. You need to give your body time to heal as well. It's definitely the most heart broken I've ever felt so know how you feel. People say how common miscarriage is but that doesn't make anything easier. I bled for two weeks. You've definitely had a horrific week. Make sure you rest and watch some nice films and eat chocolate. Give yourself time to cry and grieve. I'm still crying everyday and everyone tells me that's normal so I will continue to be an emotional wreck!! xxx

Embobolina88 Thu 16-Feb-17 07:46:10

I think we're going to give it a year. Enjoy our little boy and go be ourselves a break from the heartache, try and heal. Have a couple of holidays etc! There's no rush. I know what you mean about the crying, the slightest thing starts me off. It's got to get easier though! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now