Talk

Advanced search

Worried sick..

(6 Posts)
IAmNotAnIsland Mon 06-Feb-17 12:23:34

Hi, I had a scan a few weeks ago as I had such irregular periods I had no idea of finding out how far gone I was. My breasts had swollen, my stomach was bloated and so I was surprised when she said it was too early to locate a heartbeat. She estimated I was about 5 weeks pregnant. I was advised to come back 2 weeks later. I had a scan followed by an internal scan. Again no heartbeat. She said it has increased in size and has booked me in again in 10 days as she said it was still too early. My gut instinct is not good. She said nothing positive or negative but I am sick with worry and stress. I am 42 and this would be my lovely partners first child and we stupidly told people. I don't know what to do with myself. I can barely face anyone and I'm so desperately sad at the thought of losing this much wanted baby. I have had no bleeding or cramps. The feral pole measured at 3.9mm and the sac has increased in size a lot but no heartbeat. I feel so scared and alone.

IAmNotAnIsland Mon 06-Feb-17 19:59:31

Anyone??

drinkyourmilk Mon 06-Feb-17 20:01:57

Fetal pole is a positive sign.

IAmNotAnIsland Mon 06-Feb-17 20:05:57

In what way? Trying to cling onto anything positive.

tjlau87 Tue 07-Feb-17 07:29:28

With my 1st pregnancy, thr were no signs of fetal pole until my baby is 9 weeks.. i found out i was pregnant at about 5 with all d breast tenderness and nausea.. he is today a healthy 13 mth old baby boy.

A week ago, i find myself pregnant again. UPT +ve... but i dont feel pregnant at all. I was rushed 2 d emergency 2 days later due 2 a sharp abdominal pain but turns out it was gastritis. It was then that the doctor scanned and found only g sac without fetal pole. I was asked 2 return for another scan next week. Since 2 days back, ive been experiencing dark brown muddy discharge. This morning when i woke, blood gushed out and what felt like period cramping started. Upon reaching the hospital, contraction started and i passed large blood clots. This is my 2nd pregnancy so i knew how it felt like to have contractions. Pain stopped after i passed blood clots. Doctor performed u/s and confirmed it was a miscarriage. It was a devastating moment.

For your case, fetal pole is seen which is a good sign. Maybe its just really too early to get a heartbeat. Fingers crossed. Just remember to go to ur gyn if u notice any discharge k. God bless.

IAmNotAnIsland Tue 07-Feb-17 10:41:58

Thank you xxx I cannot tell you how worried I am. I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how upset you must feel and your consideration in responding to my post when you are going through such a horrible time is greatly appreciated. I will be prepared for all outcomes I guess, I took a healthy pregnancy for granted. These last couple of weeks have made me realise that every healthy baby born is something no one should ever take for granted xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now