Talk

Advanced search

Stillbirth and future pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Deepika1606 Sat 04-Feb-17 12:50:31

Hi Ladies. I am 36. I lost my son last yr in Aug due to a severe placental abruption. The pathology results of the placenta was inconclusive. They could not find any reason for the cause. I am keen to know did any one have a successful pregnancy after a PA around my age? What are the chances that it might happen again?

Alb1 Sat 04-Feb-17 19:43:46

Just thought I'd try and bump. I'm no help, im 27 and had a stillbirth in May for different reasons to yours, but I can say they are keeping a very close eye out this time, the consultant takes it very seriously so I do feel a little safer in this pregnancy (20 weeks now). I hope someone comes along with some advice soon, so sorry about your baby flowers

scater Sun 05-Feb-17 09:36:09

My first daughter was stillborn at 32 weeks, no conclusive reason. I had twins two years later. I was a similar age to you, being pregnant again is scary and you must be kind to yourself throughout xxx.

Blueroses99 Sun 05-Feb-17 09:45:20

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my boy at 21w last July due to Incompetent Cervix that hadn't been diagnosed. I am pregnant again, 14w, but it is a real scary journey, I'm constantly anxious. I had an surgery for my IC so hoping this one gets here safely. I'm about the same age. Sorry I don't know about PA though, and I hope someone can answer your questions.

Deepika1606 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:03:57

Thanks for your messages. It's comforting to know one can have a normal pregnancy after a loss.

Gingerbreadmam Sun 05-Feb-17 18:08:33

hi deep and everyone else

my son was stillborn two years ago when i was 30. decided we would try again and am currently 8+4.

there was no cause for his death which i find really scary in that they dont know what to prevent this time but everyone ive come into contact with so far have been completely amazing and supportive. my new mw has told me they will literally do anything to make it easier for me so im hoping that is the case.

do you attend a sands group? im there tuesday. i know a lot of people there have gone on to have other children so i imagine they will be a great support.

Blueboys2009 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:18:31

I was 34 when my daughter was stillborn at 36.5wks following placental abruption due to pre-eclampsia. I went on to have DS 15months later. Was an immensly stressful pregnancy with close monitoring throughout, but we made it! Good luck. It won't be easy, but hopefully will be worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now