Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I having a miscarriage?

(9 Posts)
Portela01 Tue 31-Jan-17 04:21:20

Hi,

I found out I was pregnant last week (5 weeks) have the normal symptoms with sore boobs and really fatigued however for the past 2 weeks I have had what I can describe as period pains, although I ingnored this as I read up it's normal I came home from work yesterday and noticed I am bleeding, not dark blood but I would say more than spotting. I'm scared to go to the toilet because I don't want to know don't know if that sounds stupid, does this sound like a definate misscarriage?

celeryeater Tue 31-Jan-17 04:25:18

Not necessarily, I know a lot of people do have bleeding in pregnancy and it turns out to be nothing. I can understand how scared you must be though. I had period pain throughout my whole pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you. Unfortunately you might just have to wait and see. I'd ring your midwife in the morning and let them know.

OMGBecky Tue 31-Jan-17 04:57:07

Could be implantation bleeding. Before I realized I was pregnant I had bleeding that I assumed was my period. It was lighter than a regular period but definitely more than just spotting. I just assumed our conception attempts were unsuccessful. It wasn't until morning sickness kicked in at about 8 weeks that I thought to take a pregnancy test, just to rule it out. Surprise! My doc said the bleeding was almost certainly just implantation bleeding. I also had cramping off and on for the first trimester. It was all very stressful as you worry about every little feeling or symptom. I'd go with PP's advice and ring midwife tomorrow. Certainly doesn't sound like a definite miscarriage based on my own experience, and fingers crossed all is well!

Mangoicecream96 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:27:11

Hi all
I just found out I was pregnant 4 days ago now so so happy because been trying for almost 4 bloody years now lol
But this morning when I went to the loo I had a lot of brown thick discharge coming from me only when I wipe.. which I found strange because there's no blood or anything when I urinate only when wiping. Anyways I got very worried as this is my first time getting pregnant... I waited a few hours and it still comes and goes but only when I wipe it's very stringy to sorry for tmi but I just need some advice. Called the Dr he is referring me to early pregnancy ward so just waiting for a call but I can't help but worry and panic.. my mum's in tears about it as she is almost convinced it's not a good sign as she only experienced this when she micarried sad
Also it doesn't leak out or stain my clothes I am not wearing any pads and nothing is present only when I wipe i have mild discomfort but ive been havin it all month sort of like a mild period pain.. tbf this blook coming out looks like period blood i guess thats why im just so confused and scared.. I had a hour nap not long ago and when I went to use the toilet for a poo (again sorry for tmi) it was a darkish but blatant red with long gloopy bits when I wiped.. very worried and I know there's not much I can do untill I see the Dr tomorrow but I guess I was just looking for some advice or anything

Thanks for taking the time to read all that lool hope to hear from you guys

Mangoicecream96 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:28:11

Also I'm not sure how far along I am ... my last period was 19/12/16 so I'm guess about 5-6 weeks ..

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Tue 31-Jan-17 19:30:52

2 out of my 4 pregnancies I have bled at around 5 weeks for about 4 days, not loads but more than spotting. It was inplantation bleeding each time. Do you have an early pregnancy unit you can go to for a checkup?

Mangoicecream96 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:58:34

It's been one day so far noticed a tiny bit yesterday before showering but thought nothing of it. Today however alot more. Yes they was supposed to call today to book me in for tomorrow but no phone call sad left them a voice mail so rrally hoping they call tomorrow first thing.. my only big concern was the thick stringy clot looking bits coming out with the dark red blood sad sad

Was it a leaking blood you experienced or when you wiped only?

blondie1234568 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:36:25

How are you ladies?

I have bleeding today when I wipe, more than spotting but less than a period...although I do have slight cramping.

I'm 5 weeks, and know that it is likely a loss but it's hitting me a lot harder than I thought it would.

I don't currently have a GP (will try and register tomorrow with one but god knows if I'll be able to). Just not sure what to do.....

flowerpower10 Wed 01-Mar-17 22:00:37

Positive home test
Phone for appointment midwife/GP
Wait for appointment and start bleeding panic then get a early pregnancy scan not pregnant? Anyone else have been through this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now