Talk

Advanced search

How long to recover after ERPC?

(8 Posts)
Waterfeature Fri 27-Jan-17 12:04:01

I'm probably going to have a ERPC on Tuesday. They advised it might be best since the baby is quite big sad and I'm not even bleeding.

It will be done under GA. How long will it take me to recover? Specifically, it's ds's birthday on Thursday - what's the likelihood I'll be fit and well by then...? (I know, how long is a piece of string...)

PollyCazaletWannabe Fri 27-Jan-17 12:10:29

Sorry for your loss OP sad I had one I'm Monday and I can tell you that NY Wednesday I would not really gave described myself as 'fit and well'. Although not bleeding too much or in too much pain, I was exhausted and spent most of the day on the sofa. I have felt a bit more myself in the last couple of days but am still less energetic than I normally am. Sorry sad

PollyCazaletWannabe Fri 27-Jan-17 12:10:58

On Monday, not I'm Monday hmm

HepKestrel Fri 27-Jan-17 12:11:03

flowers
sorry for your loss. I went through this in september, so I can comment on my own experience.

I lost mine at about 5-8 weeks (dates unclear - whole other story).
EPRC was on a saturday, and i was quite shaky afterwards, and moving slowly. I bled quite a bit saturday evening/night but it had reduced to a "normal period flow" by the sunday. By sunday I was well enough for a day trip (was quite cabin feverish at this point). So I wasn't walking quickly, but I was mobile, well and despite frequent (paranoia) trips to the toilet, i was fine.

take car that you will not be insured to drive for a few days after the EPRC (exact time depends with your insurer).

HepKestrel Fri 27-Jan-17 12:12:54

I agree with polly though on being less energetic for a day or two. I was back at work on the monday. (computer based job so sitting down).

Waterfeature Fri 27-Jan-17 12:56:00

Thanks all. Will have to plan ds's day accordingly. sad

HepKestrel Tue 31-Jan-17 08:52:17

Hi Waterfeature

Thinking of you today. Hope the ERPC goes as smoothly as possible for you.
flowers

Danglybits Tue 31-Jan-17 12:58:26

Thank you Hep, kind of you.

It's gone ok, much better than I feared and much better -- so far -- than doing it naturally (as last time).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now