Talk

Advanced search

Suspected mc

(16 Posts)
Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 10:46:07

Hi

I am 7+4 started spotting last saturday mostly brown seems to have ramped up a little last two days but mostly when wiping however today, when wiping, i am getting red blood and lots of stringy bits. No real cramps yet.

The thing is, i'm at work. Work in an office in a large building so toilets are about 100 yards away.

Do i stay or do i go? I was off one day last week after the spotting first started. I dont want to take the piss going home then nothing happening and how long do i even stay off but i don't know what to do!

ringroads Wed 25-Jan-17 10:52:17

So sorry to hear this, I would go home personally. You do not know whats happening and you need to give your GP a call for a referral to your local EPU. Take some paracetamol if your in pain and if it is a mc youll need plenty of pads and a hot water bottle. It is an emotional and upsetting time so youll need some support on hand.
Hoping its not a mc and your bleeding is something else. Get yourself home and get the GP on the line, Take care And Look after yourself x

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 10:55:31

Oh sorry forgot to say i am booked for an early scan with epu monday, they wont see me before 8 weeks. Gp said same.

Ive had an mmc before and haemorraged following a failed medical management. I did have mild contractions then so i guess a bit of warning but nothing at the minute just blood when i wipe with lots of brown stringy bits.

I had lots of time off with my mmc in 2014 then sadly my next pregnancy ended in a stillbirth and i took close to 4 months maternity leave then so im a bit worried about the impact this will have on my sickness records at work.

ringroads Wed 25-Jan-17 11:18:58

How annoying, it sounds like a long shot but I would ring EPU and tell them you have a scan mondAy but could you come todAy instead. Tell them your history, I cannot ser why they can not scan you earlier than 8 weeks, what do they do with all their suspected ectopics? How do they know this isnt that? I cannot imagine they wait for ladies to rupture before scAnning, craziness.

About work, I know its shitty about the sickness record but does pregnancy related sickness count? As it does not where I work. So sorry to hear about ur stillbirth but that was mat leave you had and not sick leave. So that doesnt count. Besides your boss should understand this isnt a cough or cold, these are pregnancy related problems and its not something you can foresee. I really would not worry about work and concentrate on yourself right now. flowers

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 11:23:21

I probably could try epu. I might ring them again. I guess im only 3 days out arent i?

I might do that. Yes it would be pregnancy related illness so thats a good point actually. Thanksm

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 11:48:45

Spoke to EPU and she is not concerned enough to bring scan forward and even said i would probably be better off at work.

ringroads Wed 25-Jan-17 12:46:14

Gosh your EPU sound charming,, how r u doing now? How is your bleeding?

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 12:58:37

It's not too bad at all. None going on pad just there when i wipe. Kind of wishy washy blood. Not had any clots in the last hour. They werent particularly clots anyway more string bits.

ringroads Wed 25-Jan-17 13:12:22

The positive thing is you dont have any real pain, so hopefully thats a good sign. Take it easy x

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 13:49:11

Thanks ringroads really appeciate your kind words. I work with an ex midwife, going to go and pick her brains when i've got a minute.

Mrsharper2016 Wed 25-Jan-17 16:37:02

Hello

Does your epu have a walkin clinic? My epu asked me to come back at 7 weeks if I fall pregnant again after the loss.

Hope all is well after all.

Xx

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 16:39:22

They do, you can just call them. But unless you are saturating pads they dont want to see you.

It seems to have stopped. Wonder whats going on!

Mrsharper2016 Wed 25-Jan-17 17:11:51

Your EPU sounds..ummmm... can you go to another epu?

But good news it has stopped!

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 17:27:05

Tbh unless anything changes majorly im going to hold off until Monday. At this early stage i guess theres nothing they can do unless there's a major problem.

I just wish i knew either way it's such a rollercoaster.

Frazzled2207 Wed 25-Jan-17 17:39:27

Sorry you are going through this. Pleased it has stopped but please seek advice if it gets worse again.

Gingerbreadmam Wed 25-Jan-17 18:19:07

Yes i definitely will. I had a very difficult mmc with my first and i wouldnt put myself through thay again.

Hopefully everything will hold off until Monday and then if it is bad news i can have an mva.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now