Talk

Advanced search

Losing a baby not knowing how to cope

(2 Posts)
MRSHART160716 Tue 17-Jan-17 03:09:16

My name is Courtney and I'm 18 years old... just over 2 weeks ago I found out that I was pregnant had two tests come back positive so I was very over the moon for me and my husband!! I went doctors filled out a form for a midwife and I was so excited that it was happening. But then just as I was getting my head around it I felt sharp pains and went toilet and I was spotting a little I read that spotting is normal but if you're worried to go doctors as it could just be implantation blood but then not even a minute later i had a lot of blood come out so I immediately rang the doctor got into an emergency appointment and she took a test and told me that it was negative and that because of the bleeding I could be losing the baby and the reason it's not showing is because my levels are low as I was only just over 3 weeks and told me to retest a week later which was Friday just gone so I did and it was negative 😔 The doctor then told me the baby probably didn't attach properly or whatever I just couldn't hear anything she was saying! I felt and still so feel so lost and empty inside like I wake up and just hope that somehow I am still pregnant! It's hard for me because when I was 14 I got pregnant and didn't find out till I was 12+1 but because of personal issues I was forced into an abortion this was my husbands and i's first child now THIS!! I just don't know what to do I'm sore in pain all the time and my stomach is so tender I've never been on one of these forums but it's been suggested to talk to people that I don't know to get help or advice I'm young I know but I have a heart and soul of someone way older then me and after being with my husband for nearly 6 years I can't help but feel like I don't deserve to be a mum.

please feel free to have your opinions xx

Doughnutsandrainbows Tue 17-Jan-17 11:28:57

Hi Courtney,

It is a really, really horrible thing to loose your baby, whatever stage it happens. As soon as you see that positive line, you can't help but to feel such a range of emotions, and to find out it that hasn't/won't progress is often heart breaking.
It does sound like this pregnancy hasn't progressed any further, I think this is sometimes called a chemical pregnancy at this stage, where it means the little baby didn't stick at a very early stage. (Although I'm not a medical expert and could be totally wrong!)
There are no words that are going to make what you are feeling any better, it is just really shit particularly when you also have pain it makes it feel a whole lot worse. But please know this wasn't your fault, and isn't as a consequence of any decisions you have made previously.
I'm the mean time, take the time you need to come to terms with what has happened, and if needed make sure you speak to your GP who may also be able to refer you for counselling if needed; what you have been through previously may have an impact on how you are able to process and cope with what you are going through now xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now