Talk

Advanced search

possibly insane

(3 Posts)
user1484512193 Sun 15-Jan-17 20:40:55

HI so I have been taking microgynon for a about half of my life,only having breaks when I was trying for my son and when I split with his dad and abstained from sex for about two years (really). Anyway been in my current relationship for nearly three years always use the pill. Come November I was struck down with that vile flu bug and was very lethargic and sick for three weeks to the point where I had to have antibiotics. Which I took alongside my pill. Then last month when I started up again,when I then had my break,I bled for two days,stopped,then came on again for a day,there was spotting and then I stopped. Went the doctors and he said I wasn't pregnant and to carry on taking the pill. I was confused because my body had changed lately and there were a few pregnancy symptoms. But I went with his judgement. Found that I was really upset I wasn't and me and my partner have talked about adding to our brood so we decided after Christmas we'd start trying! End of December though I get my period,heavyish but not as heavy as it used to be for a day then light for two days and then it stops. Since then I've put weight on and feel tired all the time. Can I also add apart from 23 Dec and the other day my partner and I haven't had sex cos he hasn't been well. Could I be pregnant and the doctor could be wrong?

bleughhh Sun 15-Jan-17 21:05:51

Hello - you could be... have you taken a test? Only way to tell! If it's positive you'll then need a scan for dating... Even if you're not pregnant, you might need a scan to check everything's working ok since you haven't been feeling well and have been having unusual periods (if that's what they are). Good luck.

user1484512193 Sun 15-Jan-17 22:16:47

I'm going to get a test tomorrow. When I was pregnant with my son it didn't show on a pregnancy test until I was nearly 5 weeks gone! And I'd been the doctor and took tests prior aswell and they showed as negative. I was told then there can be a thing as testing too early. Fingers crossed and thanks for replying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now