Talk

Advanced search

No heartbeat at 10 weeks

(5 Posts)
HansSolo22 Sat 07-Jan-17 15:49:45

I have found lots of comfort from this forum while going through a MC and I wanted to share my experience in the hopes it may bring some comfort to anyone going through this ordeal.

I had a scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine, then the day before yesterday I started bleeding and cramping. GP referred me for a scan for next week but I couldn't wait so managed to get a private scan yesterday which sadly confirmed my little baby had no heartbeat.

The cramping and bleeding continued yesterday but both were quite mild. This morning I woke early to terrible cramping, like the onset of contractions, which was just about bearable with cocodamol. This lasted about 2 hours and I then passed two large clots which I think was my baby and the placenta. I was too upset to look and they slipped out with no pain.

That brought some relief to the very bad cramps although all day I have had cramps. My bleeding is only really when I go to the toilet but there is quite a lot when I do.

I am sorry for the details but one thing that scared me most was not knowing what to expect so I hope this makes anyone going through this less frightened. It's a horrible thing to go through and my thoughts and prayers are with anyone who is having this awful experience. Stay strong and you will get through it xxx

tribpot Sat 07-Jan-17 15:54:02

So very sorry to read your story, HansSolo. You've been very brave to be thinking of others and putting your story out there to help them.

HansSolo22 Sat 07-Jan-17 16:02:05

Thanks tribpot, reading it back it sounds so clinical as I just wanted to give the facts. I am scared that if I start taking about how devastated I am and how much this had floored me emotionally that I'll never finish the post through my tears...

I am lucky enough to already have a gorgeous little boy who has really helped me to get through this but I realise not everyone is so lucky in that respect.

Life can be so very unkind at times can't it?

Thingymaboob Sat 07-Jan-17 17:10:50

Thank you for sharing. I had a MC in October. It's really awful. I am still heartbroken. I also found this forum comforting. I don't know if you work but I took a week off following MC. I went back work way too soon. I would take time off if you can.

HansSolo22 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:06:21

Thank you thingymaboob, I do work and I am due to go back on Tuesday but I will just have to see how I am. I may have posted too soon about my experience, I have spent the last hour curled in a ball with horrendous pains again but it seems to have eased now. I am now worried how long this lasts for, I thought I was through the worst of it (physically anyway) but it seems not. Just got to take it one step at a time I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now