Talk

Advanced search

FSH level

(2 Posts)
SammyL100 Fri 06-Jan-17 11:49:04

I have a question for the older ladies who have had mcs.

Did anyone of yous get your FSH levels checked? Were they high?

I had a mmc 6 weeks ago and did a home FSH test (designed to measure FSH above 25- v. High). The test was negative but still showed a line in the test window when some ladies report no line. I took the test again in the morning and the line was much feinter.

Wonder whether high FSH means no chance if successful pregnancy?

TurquoiseDress Sat 07-Jan-17 15:48:06

I guess I'm one of the older ladies at the age of 38 grin

Had a MMC last summer and we started TTC again as soon as my periods seemed to settle down.

Anyhow, nothing seemed to be happening so towards the end of last year I went to my GP to ask for some baseline blood tests. everything seemed to come back normal- my FSH was 6.7 which is apparently normal.

I was at the start of the my cycle when I had the bloods done- in fact I think it was CD1 as I was pretty pissed off to have got my period.

Didn't know it was possible to test FSH at home.

I think elevated FSH is not normal and indicates less chance of an egg being released i.e. the body has to produce much more FSH to enable the follicle to mature/ovulation to take place.

In my (limited) knowledge, I think FSH tends to increase the older you get and the closer to menopause you are.

Hope someone else more knowledgable comes along soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now