Talk

Advanced search

miscarried twins had ERPC can I try again immediately.

(6 Posts)
1sttimemummyedinburgh Mon 02-Jan-17 14:19:17

Hello everyone, I had a missed miscarriage just before Christmas and hadan ERPC I was carrying identical twins and their hearts had stopped at 9 weeks I should have been 11 by the ERPC. I was told to wait 1 cycle before trying however I didn't ask why. It is to give uterus time to heal and rid itself of tissue etc or just so they can date the pregnancy? I'm absolutely devastated about this loss however desperate to be pregnant again my DS is 4 and want him to have a brother or sister. I don't want to do anything silly or risky however will use ovulation test so I can date pregnancy. Any help or thoughts would be amazing.

Thank you. X x

Ilovecaindingle Mon 02-Jan-17 14:23:20

Sorry for your loss. I miscarried in June and it hurts like hell. .
They suggest waiting a cycle to date a future pregnancy more accurately. .
No evidence at all to suggest more likely to miscarry again if you don't wait. In fact stats say more chance of a successful pregnancy if you conceive within 6 months of a loss.
My old boss is a gynaecologist and I used to read her books regularly. . Sometimes not a good idea. ..

GreedyDuck Mon 02-Jan-17 16:08:20

It's just to date it as far as I know. We have started trying again already after I had an MVA on 21/12. I don't seem to have ovulated yet though.

Mistletoetastic Tue 03-Jan-17 12:12:42

I was told the same about "uterus tissue" however this isn't supported widely, if I get pregnant before next period I will worry that this might cause a higher risk of another MC so I am also going to try to be careful however have no idea when might be ovulating or when period is due.

Are you going to use ovulation tests now? I am thinking that I might need to, I had ERPC 12/12 but have been told that period could take 6 weeks to arrive.

MulderitsmeX Fri 13-Jan-17 23:17:16

I was told the uterus tissue thing too. I do think I'm probably fine to start now but seeing as the ERPC involved them putting the suction thing in my uterues I think I will give it a month to be back to recover a bit. I don't think I would if I had miscarried naturally though.

conkerpods Fri 13-Jan-17 23:22:09

Sorry for your loss OP. I went through the same although with a single not twins.
I was advices to wait for one period and was told this was just for dating purposes. If I felt ready to try again after this first period that was fine.
It took 6 weeks for my period to arrive after the ERPC which felt like a lifetime. I conceived quickly after that thank goodness. I also paid for a private scan to put my mind at rest,however the mmc did make me feel more nervous. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now