Talk

Advanced search

Terrified waiting to Miscarry

(35 Posts)
Rac23 Thu 29-Dec-16 10:18:09

Hi
I started spotting week 9 on xmas day. Got a scan boxing day and no hb. Poor baby just lying there still. Today I have stronger cramps starting and red blood. But I just dont feel very well I feel strange. Biggest thing is I am terrified of whats going to come out. They cant give me an appointment till Sat to discuss whats next. So Im just at home just about scared to move its really horrible.

MollyHuaCha Thu 29-Dec-16 10:20:27

💐💐💐

BWatchWatcher Thu 29-Dec-16 10:24:35

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I had a MMC slightly later than you. The baby is so small that you probably won't be able to identify it.
The loss will probably feel like a heavy period. Make sure you have plenty of thick pads and try to keep moving if you can in the early stages as that will help it to come more quickly.
Take it easy on yourself, your hormones will be all over the place. Do take a gentle iron supplement like spatone to help replace the blood lost and prepare you for trying again.
Recovering can be very hard. I used to say that each new day would be better than the day before.
If you are looking to try again, there is a theory that women after a miscarriage are super fertile.

BWatchWatcher Thu 29-Dec-16 10:30:00

This thread
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/miscarriage/1344311-Tips-for-coping-with-the-practicalities-of-miscarriage
Is useful

Rac23 Thu 29-Dec-16 11:01:06

Thank you for kind words and advice. In my head I feel like something massives going to come out of me. Im sitting still in fear so I know I need to get moving to help it along. I dont want to flush it but Im scared to see it. Cramps do feel like contractions though.

Catlady100 Thu 29-Dec-16 11:43:29

Hi Rac23, I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in July (also picked up at scan following spotting) not knowing what is coming is horrible - you have my sympathy. I think it's different for everyone but for me the actual heavy bleeding only lasted a few hours and I was able to watch tv under the duvet in between trips to the loo. It was unpleasant but not unbearable. If you can have your partner with you that helps ️xx

BWatchWatcher Thu 29-Dec-16 12:31:15

Hi Rac,
You're really unlikely to see anything. The baby is very very small at this stage. It should just be like a heavy period.
It'll be ok, really it will.

Macauley Thu 29-Dec-16 12:35:02

flowers I had a mc at 11 weeks and was scared about what would happen. I did pass clots but nothing that could be identified as anything (which was what i was scared of). Get some good pain killers for the cramping and if you start bleeding through a pad in less than half an hour get some medical help.
Take care.

Ilovecaindingle Thu 29-Dec-16 12:42:15

Not to scare you but I mc at only 6 weeks in June - proper contractions and the urge to push. A tiny quite formed feotus with cord and sac intact came out in my hand. It wasnt my first child so I was quite pulled together but never the less was emotional. . I didn't go to hospital but wrapped it up and placed it on an open fire with some nice words. Sorry you are going through this x

Rac23 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:47:57

Thank you everyone its helps to have people here on a forum it helps to calm the panic. Im torn I think I have to keep flushing and not look. I am surprised at this being contractions its not like a period xx

Rac23 Thu 29-Dec-16 12:49:03

In case I have the same what size are we talking about? Sorry for your loss too x

LottieL Thu 29-Dec-16 12:54:11

Very tiny Rac23. I miscarried a 5-6 week pregnancy and passed a sac naturally at home. Passing it wasn't painful but the cramps were uncomfortable. Strong period pains that came in small waves until that point.

SingingGoldfinch Thu 29-Dec-16 13:11:52

So sorry you're going through this. I had a spontaneous mc at 9 weeks and it was painful but like a very heavy period in terms of blood loss etc. - I didn't see anything upsetting. It's an awful ordeal but you will get through it. Take care.

BWatchWatcher Thu 29-Dec-16 13:15:43

Baby is about the size of a cherry at the most. You really won't see anything recognisable.

Rac23 Thu 29-Dec-16 13:17:08

Thank you girls

BWatchWatcher Sat 31-Dec-16 07:32:58

Hope you're ok rac23!

Rac23 Sat 31-Dec-16 08:01:30

Hi thanks for asking Im not okay been painful and mediocre contractions all week Im so tired now. Been blood and clots. Ive no idea what still in there but its hurt so much since 5.30 am. I have an appointment at 2pm but terrified to get there incase everything comes away and im not near a toilet. My head is done in I need some help but not sure what or how sad

Rac23 Sat 31-Dec-16 08:03:07

My kids had a miserable xmas my daughter has been looking forward to new yrs eve she keeps asking me to come out and be happy for tonight - I cant get off the toilet

Hulaballoo Sat 31-Dec-16 08:38:03

Aw Rac, you really need to put yourself first here. Is there anyone that can look after your daughter for a while? Could you get some maternity pads to help with bleeding, until you get to your appointment. Is there anyone to drive you there? A hot water bottle may help a little and some paracetamol? But check with epu about paracetamol in case they wanted to have you in. Take it easy as much as you can. Xx

MsJuniper Sat 31-Dec-16 08:48:06

I have had 4 mc and all different. The 2 at 9wks were hard - basically a smaller version of labour with contractions speeding up and then passing everything at once. It was awful but at least it was over. It sounds like you are going through a slower process but there will probably be a point when you pass the sac. The first time I was in hospital so they analysed it but the 2nd time I was at home so flushed it away.

Everyone's experiences are slightly different and there's no "should" about it. My 9wk ones were certainly not like a heavy period, but the 6wk ones were.

Rac23 Sat 31-Dec-16 08:52:36

Thank you my hubby will drive me not sure what to do about kids yet

Sleeplessinmybedroom Sat 31-Dec-16 08:58:05

I miscarried at 9 weeks. It happened on the day surgery ward waiting to go for a d&c. I had contractions and felt a big gush before the clots started coming out. I panicked and flushed before showing the staff and had to have the d&c anyway. There will be a lot of blood and some pain so take some strong painkillers. Once the clots had passed the pain was so much better. I'm sorry you're going through this. I wouldn't move far from the toilet.

Rac23 Sat 31-Dec-16 09:18:21

Thanks girls.
Its hidious. At least with giving birth theres something at end of it.
Dreading going to hospital its so near maternity and i havent energy to have a shower

Rac23 Sat 31-Dec-16 09:25:24

Im going to tell them later at the hospital that it is unacceptable sending someone away for 6 days before next appointment and telling them it will be like a heavy period. I spoke to someone on the ward the other day who was trying to correct me using word contractions and saying its cramps Ive been in labour 3 times and have had hundreds of periods. So patronising. My partner just keeps sitting looking at me like thats going to help

Sleeplessinmybedroom Sat 31-Dec-16 10:43:27

I was really surprised too at the contractions. I thought it would be like a heavy period but it wasn't. No one tells you what it's really like. I posted on here at the time and got some really good support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now