Talk

Advanced search

Help!

(16 Posts)
TheManicMummy Mon 26-Dec-16 20:20:58

I'm having a miscarriage, had a scan next week which said baby had passed. My dad was supposed to come over today to see my other two kids but he was on the motorway and his canbelt snapped. He got towed home and now him and my step mum are coming over tomorrow.

I've just started to bleed and now I'm worried about tomorrow as I don't want to tell them to not come because the kids are looking forward to it... but I don't want to be in the toilet all day?

How long until the heavy bleeding will start? Will I be able to manage tomorrow? They're only visiting and they're cooking dinner so minimal stress for me only the embarrassment of the heavy bleeding and having to sit in the toilet all day??? Any advice? Should I cancel?

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 26-Dec-16 20:24:25

absolutely do not cancel. If your family can't look after you and understand, who can. thanks

TheManicMummy Mon 26-Dec-16 20:33:09

My dad is really awkward and old fashioned, the whole thing would make him feel uncomfortable to be honest. If I can carry on the day with no one noticing then great. If not I'm going to have to cancel to not make them feel awkward to be honest.

Prettybaffled Mon 26-Dec-16 20:35:06

Dear manic, I am so sorry you are going through this.

I had a mc which turned into a mmc - bleeding started but never progressed and I eventually had to have an Erpc. They told me then that Mc bleeding is very unpredictable - you could bleed heavily now, tomorrow or later.

Please do make sure you have someone with you and hopefully your dad and step mum can help with the kids while you lie down.

Hot water bottles and pain killers are good things to have ready and you do need to have someone with you at home ideally in case the bleeding is heavy and you can't look after the kids yourself.

Prettybaffled Mon 26-Dec-16 20:36:03

Manic, I x posted.

I would cancel then - I know someone who had a huge haemorrhage at work with no warning when they were Mc. The bleeding is very unpredictable flowers

TheManicMummy Mon 26-Dec-16 21:05:40

I was afraid someone would say that... I have no idea what to expect I'm petrified.

Prettybaffled Mon 26-Dec-16 22:32:05

So sorry you are worried and sending you a virtual hug in case it helps flowers

Most of the time Mc bleeding is manageable at home with rest and painkillers - I didn't want to frighten you but wanted to be honest so you could make the decision about your dad.

Is your oh able to be at home with you or is there anyone else who can be?

Xxx

TheManicMummy Mon 26-Dec-16 22:51:15

Luckily my DH will be home, he's being as supportive as possible but to be honest he's a little clueless...

After we found out baby had died he made a comment about me falling pregnant again. To which I asked what did he mean and he said "because your not pregnant anymore, you can still get pregnant?" To which I had to explain that I was still pregnant and that I'm still going to have to pass the baby... he looked a bit in shock.

Sex education has a lot to answer for. I don't think he knows what's going to happen. I'm a bit alone in this x

MadeForThis Mon 26-Dec-16 23:11:03

It's manageable. The worst part for me took 3 or 4 hours. But painkillers and a hot water bottle helped. Be prepared to sit on the toilet for a while but don't be scared.
Having DH with you will be great. I mostly curled up on the couch and waited for it to be over. The bleeding overall lasted for a week or two but was mostly like a bad period. Sleep when you can.
Sorry for your loss x

Prettybaffled Mon 26-Dec-16 23:26:08

Very glad to hear your dh will be there. I hope the bleeding won't be too bad. x

TheManicMummy Tue 27-Dec-16 09:13:57

Me too... I haven't cancelled my dad because of the kids. They're soo excited so ill have to just manage it somehow.

Prettybaffled Thu 29-Dec-16 01:09:07

Have been thinking of you and how you are ok xx

Prettybaffled Thu 29-Dec-16 01:09:23

Hope not how - sorrry for stupid typo.

TheManicMummy Fri 30-Dec-16 13:22:04

I passed baby at home on the 27th Dec... I'm ok... a little traumatised if anything. It's worse when my son comes up for a cuddle and says "baby in belly" and the fact I have to cancel midwife appointments... but without those reminders I'm ok, I'm just busy with my other two little ones xxx

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Dec-16 13:42:46

Oh Manic I know that nothing I say will help but just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you.

Prettybaffled Mon 02-Jan-17 23:18:20

I'm so sorry Manic. Sending you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now