Talk

Advanced search

Recurrent miscarriage clinic question

(5 Posts)
Miami81 Thu 22-Dec-16 22:17:55

Hi there
Quick summary. Mmc in April 2016 at 8 weeks, same again in November 2016 at 8 weeks again. Turns out there is family problems and I have a heart shaped uterus. Also I am 35. GP has referred us to rmc. Got the letter today with an appointment for February. Which is great and really gives me hope that 2017 might get us somewhere!
However the letter doesn't actually say anything other then an appointment time. Anyone been? What happens at first appt? Loads of tests or just a chat?
Any advice much appreciated. Thanks very much.

MistresssIggi Sat 24-Dec-16 00:06:50

For me, a detailed history was taken and quite a lot of blood. My dh was asked to go to they did genetic karotyping. With your particular issue do you think they would give you a scan too? Hope it works out for you; it did for me in the end.

Perpetualstateofchaos Sat 24-Dec-16 00:17:14

I had to go through my medical history and details of ds's births and complications. They sent me for a load of blood tests and dp and i for genetic karotyping. I'd had ultrasounds just prior and after my most recent miscarriage so they used those. Unfortunately theyve rearranged my second appointment 3 times so I can't give you any further details.

eggcup Sat 24-Dec-16 19:52:30

hello, i also have a heart shaped uterus, had mc at 36 then DD at 37 and DS at 41, then 2 more mc (latest one is going on now - worst xmas present ever).
i can't comment on the other stuff but just wanted to share that - it is possible! Good luck xx

Miami81 Sun 25-Dec-16 03:34:48

Thanks mistress, eggcup and perpetual. Ok that makes me feel a lot better, if they get straight into the practicalities of figuring it out rather then just having a chat and bringing me back in April or whatever. Best of luck to you all and i am sorry for your losses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now