Talk

Advanced search

Hesitant about TTC after mmc

(3 Posts)
Hulaballoo Tue 20-Dec-16 21:17:15

Admittedly I'm still processing everything... I'm due an erpc next week so everything is still very fresh ...i was so wanting another DC, planned everything to the tee with opk,hpt, healthy diet etc I put so much into it and then a mms. I feel like I just don't want to try again... Is this normal? I see so many already keen on ttc straight away. Part of me does as age isn't on my side but then another part is thinking... Was it some sign, do I really want to go through this again... Has anyone felt this before and it was a phase and went on to ttc again?

Littlemisssugarplum88 Wed 21-Dec-16 07:25:42

Hi Hula, you'll probably recognise me from a different thread, but as you know I had medical management following a mmc last week. It's all been horrific and I keep thinking to myself
I really can't go through all of this again. But my partner has been absolutely amazing and I couldn't have got through this without his kindness and support.
We haven't got any children and I'm desperate to give us a family, and I just know that I can't let this defeat me. As much as it terrifies me that this may happen again, I know that the end result will be worth it no matter how many times I have to go through this nightmare...so I'm holding out hope that we will have our baby in our arms one day.
It's such a sad and emotional time, and your hormones will still be running high. Take some time for yourself; and talk it through with your partner (if you feel you can). In time once you've processed the information a little better and come to terms with what has happened you may feel ready to try again, but just let your body and your mind recover first smile
Enjoy your Xmas and have a few glasses of bubbly. Sending you lots of gentle hugs xxx

Catlady100 Thu 22-Dec-16 10:32:29

Hi Hulaballoo - I had a MMC in July and after I couldn't think of trying again straightaway. Everyone was saying at least you know you can get pregnant and just try again but it was the last thing on my mind. However, after a couple of months the idea didn't seem too bad to me and I'm now 13 weeks. It still isn't easy and it's made this pregnancy hard but I found it got easier. Different people react in different ways I guess - I think giving yourself the time you need in important. Cat x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now