Talk

Advanced search

Obsessed with the idea of trying again

(5 Posts)
MrsEvian Sun 18-Dec-16 23:25:38

Hello everyone,

I had a diagnosed MMC at 10w3d after heading to the hospital due to some light spotting. after ultrasound it was determined that the baby only measured 8w3d and had no heartbeat. I was prescribed 4 doses of misoprostol every 12 hrs. I passed the sac exactly 7 days after my first dose. it has been 8 wks since the MMC was discovered and 7 weeks since passing the sac.

originally I wanted to wait until my first AF to start TTC again - most forums say this generally occurs 4-6 weeks after miscarriage. At 8 wks I am going insane! I'm considering buying ovulation sticks to see if I'm ovulating so that we can start trying before AF. Is this a reasonable thing to do? We got pregnant on literally or first and only try so I know conception should be relatively easy without the need for these types of interventions - but I'm finding myself obsessed with the idea.

I took a HPT 2 weeks ago which came back negative so I believe my HCG levels are low enough to ovulate... so why is it taking so long for my cycle to return?

Mrsharper2016 Mon 19-Dec-16 00:24:05

Hello MrsEvian,

Sorry for your loss!

I waited for the first AF to show up and then started ttc again, no success so far (3months). If I could choose again I'd go without waiting first AF. It is not based on any medical advice. Just I felt it would make me feel a bit easier and fill my life with some hope. And the insane part of me desperately wants to prove I can be pregnant again. So if it makes you feel better and the Dr is not advising against it then go for it!

Dr said AF should come in 4-6 weeks but could be longer. I guess if you are so worried about it you could book a follow up consultation with your GP to get some check ups?

All the best to you and if you are trying hope you get your rainbow baby :-)

Littlemisssugarplum88 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:59:18

Sorry to hear you've been through a miscarriage too sad

I was advised that I could start TTC after a negative test as this would mean there is no tissue retained. I think the only reason some doctors suggest to wait for AF is to make it easier to date your pregnancy as you go from the first day of your last period, but other than that I haven't heard of any other reason as to why you should wait for AF.

Good luck xxx

emsler Wed 21-Dec-16 10:58:54

Yes, if you've had a negative test you can safely start trying again, and tracking your ovulation is a good idea for dating purposes. That's what we did (although I'm now on cycle 3 and still no BFP, alas).

MrsEvian Wed 21-Dec-16 14:47:36

Thanks everybody - my husband and I have decided to go for it. I see no medical reasoning as to why we can't and feel that if we write down everything we should be able to date a pregnancy without too much trouble. If it happens it happens - if not and AF comes first - that's OK too. Atleast if we are actively trying again it will take my mind off of all the waiting!

Thanks everybody xox

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now