Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage? No pain & signs of something small on scan

(5 Posts)
Mamanmaman33 Wed 07-Dec-16 08:35:48

In August I miscarried at 12 weeks. We started trying again once I had had a period and were delighted to get a positive pregnancy test on 14 Nov, which would make me 7 weeks at the moment. On Sunday I got some pink staining on the toilet paper after I wiped. I wasn't too concerned, however on Sunday I started to get a little blood after I wiped. Yesterday I started bleeding more heavily and then started to pass some small clots so was referred to the EPU for an emergency scan. They did both an external and internal scan which didn't show much. I think it showed something, but very small, and the nurse asked me if I could have got my dates wrong, which I didn't. They didn't say anything about a heartbeat. All they said was that they'd monitor my hcg levels but they assumed I had miscarried due to the bleeding and clots. Since the scan yesterday, I haven't had much more bleeding and I haven't had any pain. I'm wondering if the pregnancy could still be viable but just not advanced as it should be? This miscarriage doesn't feel nearly as horrific as the first time round in terms of bleeding / pain, but I don't know if that's because this was an earlier miscarriage? What do people think?

OP’s posts: |
Propermardy Wed 07-Dec-16 11:30:32

Maman, thanks for your response to my thread. I had light spotting and darker old blood to start and then a scan showing a very small sac of just 5mm, which ive found out was much smaller than it should have been for my dates (I knew when I ovulated so dates are correct). My blood tests showed a drop from 1900 to 600 over 48 hours. Are you having another blood test tomorrow? As you know, I am miscarrying but I'd say you won't know for sure until you get the second blood results back. Unlike you, I have had pain, sharp pains one side and nasty period cramps, so that could be a positive that you haven't had this? Also I spotted/bled lightly for a few days and yours has not been as long. Sorry not a definite yes or no, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for you that all turns out well. X

Mamanmaman33 Thu 08-Dec-16 15:24:35

I had another set of bloods done today and the midwife just phoned to say my hcg levels had dropped from 4000 to 900 so it is confirmed as a miscarriage. She actually said "it's good news, if you can call it that". What an idiot.

OP’s posts: |
DT2016 Fri 09-Dec-16 09:01:30

Why on earth would that be good news?! So sorry for your loss and the insensitivity of that nurse angry

Propermardy Fri 09-Dec-16 10:30:45

I'm sorry the bloods confirmed what is happening, and you're right, the midwife was inconsiderate and wrong to say that to you, it is bad enough if without dealing with insensitive people. Look after yourself.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in