Do I need another scan to check the completion of MC?

(3 Posts)
Capri1111 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:58:19

I had my MC two weeks ago naturally and the blood test showed high hCG level and low progesterone at the time. The hospital told me to do a pregnancy test in two weeks time to see if hCG comes back to normal.
It did indeed, and they told me no scan or medical intervention is needed.

Is the negative pregnancy test really enough to confirm the completion of MC? Don’t I need a scan to check the completion? I hope to get pregnant again and want to make sure things are all good.

purpleflower23 Fri 25-Nov-16 14:49:45

Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss flowers - if you've had a negative test then the hCG is obviously out of your system and the miscarriage is complete. Most places won't give a scan as well. Make sure you give yourself time physically and mentally to recover before you try again xx

TurquoiseDress Fri 25-Nov-16 17:45:26

When I had my missed miscarriage a few months back, the hospital told me they do not routinely do a scan to check all is ok.

I advised to do a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the management (I had medical)- the test was negative.

But then I had annoying spotting for the 2 months or so which was frustrating, still didn't get another scan, I don't think it would have made much difference as I reckon it was my hormones all over the place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now