I am looking for a little advice and maybe a success story.
A couple of months ago, I suffered a miscarriage at around 8 weeks. Then, a couple of weeks ago I found out I was pregnant again. I went to the hospital after having pain and a little bleeding (litrally only bled for a day very light) they did the standard beta tests but kept me in over night due to the pain. My HCG levels were 202, then they repeated 48 hours later and they were 201. They were concerned as they had not risen but had stayed pretty much the same. I then had a scan where they saw a sack but nothing else, the sack measured 4 weeks. A few days later the beta was done again and my levels had dropped very slightly to 198.
Obviously this was confusing and the Doctor said that he was sure that the pregnancy was not viable but I would be rescanned the following week to be sure and to rule out ectopic pregnancy. I had this scan and the sack had grown, measuring 5 weeks and I was beta tested again. The result this time was 189, so again, barely moving in nearly two weeks. The Doctor told me that it was a failing pregnancy and I can expect the sack to leave in the following days.
I am no longer in pain, nor bleeding any longer. Because of this, I am due to go into hospital for medical intervention.
I have started to feel more and more pregnancy characteristics over the past few days, similar to when I had my daughter, so I am now confused again and apprehensive about going back to have it removed if there could be a chance it could be viable. On the other hand, I don't want to leave things too late if there is no chance due to the potential dangers.
Am I wrong to be optimistic and has anyone got any advice about what my options are? has this happened to anyone?
Without wanting to be too negative, I think if your HCG levels have gone down it's less likely to be viable pregnancy but of course it's not impossible and I do absolutely understand the way you're feeling. If I were you I'd ask for another scan to put your mind at rest ahead of any management, as presumably you'll now be about 6 weeks and the fetal pole / yolk would be seen. Will be thinking of you OP x
Thank you! I called the hospital today they wanted me to go in tomorrow for the medical management. I explained my symptoms and after some debate they've agreed to scan me next Thursday. More waiting in limbo but at-least if there is anything there it gives it time to grow and show up i suppose. Thank's for all your help anyway.