How does miscarriage affect one's cycle?

(7 Posts)
TheLegendOfBeans Tue 06-Sep-16 21:11:44

Hello guys

I used to have a pretty regular period and could therefore know quite accurately when I was ovulating.

On August 8th I miscarried by baby at 11w. There was an awful lot of blood at the time and bleeding for 7 days after that faded away just like a period does.

My question is this: does the m/c count as a "period" and therefore I should expect that my monthlies will now appear around the 8th of the month now instead of the 22nd as they previously did?

I only ask as we will try again in Jan and I wonder if I will need to faff about with ovulation sticks etc. I have been extremely lucky with conceiving quickly, just not so good at holding onto the pregnancy.

TIA x

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 07-Sep-16 14:10:42

Bumping just in case the day shift have any insight

Mrsharper2016 Wed 07-Sep-16 14:36:49

My doc told me the next period should be 4-6 weeks from miscarriage and quite heavy :-(

But she didn't mention if it is from the day of miscarriage or the day of shopping bleeding. But I would just use some ovulation strips to monitor the cycle as I read from some other people's posts that it could really vary.

Lucinda15 Wed 07-Sep-16 15:56:31

I counted the first day of bleeding from mc as first day of cycle. I have had 3 and got my period between 30-33 days later (perhaps a bit longer than my usual cycle length but not way off). It varies from person to person tho.

One of my mc's was at 11.5 weeks, also very heavy and I was admitted to hosp and put on drips after passing out with blood loss. I know you will be giving urself a bit of time before TTC but do make sure that you focus on being kind to yourself, and getting strong again for that. Maybe take some iron supplements (floradix is good). Just spend some time on yourself and indulge urself a bit. Blood loss can knock you back and I struggled to feel 'well' again after my first heavy mc. Wishing you all the best xx

TheLegendOfBeans Wed 07-Sep-16 16:15:38

Thanks guys and yes - Lucinda it appears we had the same shitty shitty experience.

Hope you guys are well now x

MoonlightMojitos Wed 07-Sep-16 17:52:53

My first af arrived 27 days after first day of bleeding from the mc so quicker than I expected and my next cycle after that was only 23 days. I'm on cycle 3 now and have decided to use opks for now until I know what's going on as was regular 28/29 days before mc. So I think it can all take a while to settle down. Hope things do soon for you.

Lucinda15 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:43:20

So sorry beans sad x do take care and look after urself xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now