Talk

Advanced search

Periods after ectopic/miscarriage

(2 Posts)
BackToBasics2 Sat 03-Sep-16 16:48:20

Hi, i'm just after a bit of reassurance really.

I had an ectopic pregnancy which miscarried without surgery in early May.

I didn't know I was pregnant as it was a result of failed contraception and I even had a (shorter, lighter) period a week before I miscarried the ectopic pregnancy.

It took 3 weeks for the bleeding to stop and the pregnancy test I was told to take 3 weeks after I left hospital in early may was negative. I had a period at the beginning of July, which was short and light, then another period 5 weeks later in August which again was short and light.

I've had cramps over the past week, which I like because I find it reassuring if that makes sense. This morning I was pleased to find I woke up and my period had started and it was normal bright red. Then when I went to the toilet at lunchtime I noticed I had smallish blood clots on the pad. I've not had this before. I have noticed I have small blood clots in my wee this afternoon too and now the blood has turned a dark brown which is normally what it's like at the end of my period a few days later.

Is this normal? I just need reassurance as I just want my body to be back to normal again.

BackToBasics2 Sun 04-Sep-16 10:42:57

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now