Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal following a missed miscarriage ? Advice please.

(6 Posts)
kakiqueen Thu 01-Sep-16 17:26:26

Hello everyone,
I hope it's ok to ask this question here as I've not found an answer whilst googling :
I suffered a missed miscarriage on Tuesday this week at 7+1, but the embryo had not developed past 5+2 weeks, according to the ultrasonographer.

I 've been bleeding heavily on and off since Tuesday evening and I'm fairly sure that things are progressing as they should.
One thing worries me a lot though:
I've had really bad diarrhoea several times a day since Tuesday (sorry if it's TMI).

Has anyone else experienced this ? It's really getting me down and making me feel even more exhausted than I already am.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Endmoor1405 Thu 01-Sep-16 20:48:31

Hi kaki just wanted to say I'm sorry you too have had to go through this. I found that with my MMC that I had period pains x100 which usually results in very urgent and a lot looser bowel movements than is normal for me. It was also quite painful to go to the loo for a while. Apparently the contractions of your uterus during a period (and more so during a MMC) make your guts go into overdrive.

Definitely not glamorous!

flowers

kakiqueen Fri 02-Sep-16 05:08:40

Hello Endmoor,
Thank you so much for your reply.
It does make sense. I guess that whole area is inflamed.
X

flumpybear Fri 02-Sep-16 05:21:36

Hi - so sorry for your miscarriage it's a terribleTime, been there many times. Yes your hormones are rife so your body does strange things in fact it panicked me when I was pregnant with DS as I had a terrible bout of tummy trouble and was so upset it may be a miscarriage (it wasn't) - as PP said it's not a glamorous time but it will pass and you can TTC again. It is a bit like bad period pains and I had hot flushes when the embryo was passing, I even retained a bit of tissue which expelled itself at my next period. I hope you're ok. I always used to think that another chance is just around the corner - not sure if that helps. Take care flowersstar

kakiqueen Fri 02-Sep-16 07:51:39

Thank you Flumpy,
That does help. It's good to hear I'm not alone in feeling like this.
We're desperate to ttc again, so I just want time to pass and get on with it.
X

flumpybear Fri 02-Sep-16 21:01:55

I know how you feel. Take a week or two to enjoy those things you can't have in pregnancy ... I always had Brie, pate and wine confusedwine it made me feel a bit better and it was a long time without when TTC did work (twice! .... ) So give yourself some space to be you and get back on that TTC wagon wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now