Talk

Advanced search

3rd recurrent MMC

(7 Posts)
TheRealNightManager Wed 17-Aug-16 20:45:16

Third mmc sac measuring 9 weeks which was correct but embryo 6 weeks and no heartbeat To top it all I've got to wait another week for a scan to confirm. I really don't want another erpc. Are there any natural remedies I can try to induce bleeding?

I'm so fed up going through this again for the third time in 12 months. Just having a moan really.

Snowflakes1122 Wed 17-Aug-16 21:02:26

I'm so sorry sad

I had a mmc at 13 weeks (measuring 11 weeks) a month ago. That wait for the second scan is horrible.
I too wanted my body to just get on with it. It's horrible knowing and waiting. I read things that stimulate the uterus, such as sex (not advised if you have already started bleeding due to risk of infection) and raspberry leaf tea can help your body start things.
I didn't try any methods in the end, but it'd be a good idea to ask your doctor for advice on it.

Maybe natural management or medical management would be a better option for you? flowers

TheRealNightManager Thu 18-Aug-16 20:15:01

Thanks Snowflakes and I'm sorry for your loss also.

I've been and had an acupuncture session today which will hopefully help. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I'll pick his/her brains then. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

GoulashSoup Thu 18-Aug-16 20:19:34

No real advice here for natural remedies, I assume things that can be used to bring on labour. Raspberry leaf tea, castor oil?

I more replied to say I am so sorry you are facing losing a third pregnancy. It is horrible waiting when it is over. I hope the doctor tomorrow is a nice one flowers

tiggykate Thu 18-Aug-16 20:33:59

I'm so sorry to hear you've had to go through this 3 times. flowers

I've recently had an incomplete miscarriage - I found that going for a very long walk seemed to cause the last of the tissue to be removed. It could be worth a go?

Missgraeme Thu 18-Aug-16 20:45:25

8 week scan an showed baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks and no heartbeat. I started bleeding and miscarried at home 2 days later. I had been doing housework to keep busy and actual contractions started while I was vacuuming. I had the urge to push and sac and baby all intact and attached passed into my hands.Sorry for your loss.

TheRealNightManager Tue 30-Aug-16 11:49:17

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply. Mumsnet has helped me through all my losses so I thought I'd update as I've followed many threads previously and like to know what the outcome was.

I tried acupuncture, raspberry leaf tea and a couple of 3 mile runs to start the bleeding with no luck. My second scan unsurprisingly still showed no heartbeat so I opted for pessaries 24 hours apart, which the hospital had to administer. I won't lie it wasn't great and a few hours after the first one I had what felt like contractions for a few hours, I was sick and ended up laying on the bathroom floor as I didn't know what to do with myself. However the next morning I felt fine, some low level cramping and bleeding but I didn't need to take any painkillers. I called in sick the following morning, although I felt fine I was still bleeding heavily and wanted to be at home and not in and out of the loo at work. Previously I had two erpc's and felt awful for a few days after the anaesthetic plus had to be on antibiotics so although the pessary was painful, I recovered much quicker and was able to get back to normal in 24 hours or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now