Talk

Advanced search

Current pregnancy following miscarriage

(6 Posts)
Auburn76 Fri 12-Aug-16 15:54:42

Hello, I had a miscarriage last year in August. (Was trying for a second child) Whilst I miscarried at 11 weeks, the baby died at 6 weeks. Found the whole thing distressing and disappointing.
Anyhow, luckily I am pregnant again a year later. I am 6 weeks pregnant. Determined to be positive throughout and fingers crossed I won't miscarry again however can't feel a little anxious because I haven't had any morning sickness or any particular craving and and my breasts aren't that tender either. (All symptoms that I experience in my first pregnancy that was successful)

My questions are:
Should I be worried?
Are these early signs of another miscarriage?

Any advice would be truly appreciated?

Kind regards x

Snowflakes1122 Fri 12-Aug-16 17:01:00

Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

So sorry about your loss last year. I think it's bound to make you nervous with a subsequent pregnancy.
I lost my baby at 13 weeks (died 11 and a but weeks) and with that pregnancy I had morning sickness.
My had no morning sickness with my second daughter or my son and they are all fine active kids now.

I really wouldn't worry. flowers

Auburn76 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:42:14

Hi, thank you for your kind reassurance. I really appreciate it. Just shows that there is no hard and fast rule. I feel a lot better and calmer after your advice

YompingJo Sat 13-Aug-16 17:59:23

Hi OP, congratulations. I can report, having had 6 pregnancies so far (one child and 5mcs, sadly) that every single pregnancy is different. I don't think your lack of symptoms is any reason for concern, though I can understand why you are worried. The symptoms are reassuring, aren't they, in the early stages?

Macauley Sat 13-Aug-16 18:07:34

Everyone is different and pregnancy is going to give everyone varying degree of symptoms.
It's tough being pregnant after mc. Why don't you come join us on the pregnancy after mc thread we are a bunch of really supportive ladies who are more than happy to give each other support and a handhold through this time smile

0nceuponatime Wed 24-Aug-16 20:33:48

This was my 5th pregnancy.
I have had awful morning sickness with the others but not this one.
IAs I edged closer to 8 wks i kept waiting for it to hit, but it never did.
Infact i felt great, but it was lurking in the back of my mind, 'what if its not ok'? so last week i confided to a midwife friend my worries.
i had had no bleeding or any signs anything was wrong. She said all should be fine, they are all different, and then added, 'but you've been tired and had sore boobs haven't you?' and my heart fell...no, I hadn't ....
So I prepared my husband for the fact I was worried that the scan wouldn't be good news, and although he protested i was being silly, he kn
I was 10 weeks and 4 days yesterday when i had my scan and found out the baby had died at 7 wks 5 days.
I am glad I had an inkling beforehand for some reason, or it would have been such a shock!
I scored pages and pages of threads the night before looking for reassurance i was being silly and it would be fine, to read about women who had been fine, and some that weren't and in the end I shut the laptop, went to bed, to wake up to go to my scan as no matter what someone elses experience had been, it wouldn't change mine.

I hope it is not the case for you, I will certainly be nervous next time if i am lucky enough to concieve again, it's only natural.
But I am glad my brain had already started accepting it before I got the news...I know my body too well, and i knew that this was not what i felt like pregnant...

Good luck to you...I hope you have better luck this time than we have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now