Talk

Advanced search

Failed ERPC???

(3 Posts)
Cashmummy Fri 05-Aug-16 02:10:26

I feel like I'm going crazy. I found out at 12 weeks that my baby had died at 10 weeks. I was devastated but opted to have surgical management. I had the operation on Tuesday. On Wednesday the surgeon did a reassurance scan and confirmed there was no remaining fetal tissue. I was discharged.

Then today around 5pm I started experiencing contractions and labour-like pains. I passed a lot of blood clots which I had been told to expect. But after several more hours I passed the fetus (still perfectly intact) and a large amount of what looked like pre-placental tissue. What is going on?!?!!? Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for the long post!

Poptart27 Fri 05-Aug-16 03:35:43

I'm so sorry OP. So sorry for your loss and what you've been through sad

I've had 2 failed ERPC's. The reason ERPC's fail is because they are "blind" procedures and as such, the surgeon doesn't "see" what they are doing. The only good news (if there is any) is that you won't need another ERPC. I needed 2 ERPC's for both of my failed pregnancies and it sucked.

My thoughts are with you flowers

Cashmummy Fri 05-Aug-16 07:05:58

Thank you Poptart. This whole experience has been so upsetting - to add confusion and uncertainly into the mix has sent me right over the edge. I'm so sorry to hear you've had to go through double erpcs. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now