Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding after ERPC?? Sorry if tmi...

(5 Posts)
EmilieR91 Sat 30-Jul-16 22:36:57

I had an ERPC two days ago for my missed miscarriage. I'm really confused about what is 'normal' bleeding and what isn't. One nurse said I'd get a light period for 7 days and another said it would be like a heavy period for 10 days.
Yesterday (the day after the procedure) I had almost no bleeding at all. It almost wasn't even worth wearing a pad. But I woke up this morning with quite a lot of blood, and this evening I was literally just lying in bed and all of a sudden my pad was completely flooded.
I know it's really early days...but should I be worried or shall I just hang in there and see what happens? It just seems weird to go from hardly any bleeding yesterday to flooding today?

WLmum Sat 30-Jul-16 22:41:03

Poor you. What a horrible experience. When I had the same a few years back (and then went on to have healthy dd if that helps at all) I had some very heavy bleeding a day after I think. I know I was really shocked as I thought the point of the procedure was to get it all out.
If it hasn't settled in a day or 2 or if you feel unwell make a dr apt.
Hope it's all over soon for you. flowers

Snowflakes1122 Sun 31-Jul-16 08:59:39

I'm so sorry you are going through this flowers

I had a d&c 16 days ago. My bleeding has gone like this;
First two days light bleeding
No bleeding for a week but pelvic pain in left ovaries
Spotting then heavier bleeding for two days

And on/off spotting/blood filled discharge since.
My have been treated with antibiotics after a swab test found I got an infection.
It's definitely worth going to doctors or calling epau if you are concerned.

If the blood loss picks up to the point your filling a maternity type pad or more an hour, I'd definitely get looked at.

chubbymummy Sun 31-Jul-16 09:01:53

My bleeding was very heavy, I had to wear maternity pads and change them regularly.

EmilieR91 Wed 03-Aug-16 17:39:12

Thanks everyone. It has finally slowed down (but not stopped) so I'm hoping things are going in the right direction and I can concentrate on getting myself feeling better mentally rather than worrying about what's going on with me physically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now