Talk

Advanced search

Still in agony after miscarriage

(9 Posts)
KazG71 Thu 21-Jul-16 07:55:16

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can tell me how long they were in pain for after a miscarriage. I started bleeding Friday night but only lightly. It gradually got heavier and pain more severe other weekend until early hours Tuesday when I was doubled over in pain and blood gushing out (sorry tmi). Been given codeine phosphate to take but still in tears with pain even though bleeding is finally starting to ease. Did anyone else go through pain like this and when did it stop? Thanks x

willitbe Thu 21-Jul-16 22:39:45

Hi, sorry for your loss. With regards to pain, with each of my miscarriages, the pain stopped almost straight after I passed the sac each time. However the time it took to pass the sac varied greatly, from hours to days, sorry to say. The bleeding can lessen for a short time then come back with vengeance as the last bit passes. I found that keeping up and moving helped to move things along. But sometimes I just needed to sit and wait it out. Sorry I can't be more positive. If the pain persists I would say go to get medical help.

KazG71 Thu 21-Jul-16 23:19:11

Thanks for that. Been back up hospital today as still in agony. It turns out that cervix is still closed and as a result there's something stuck in the neck of the cervix. Been given some medication to help release it. Hope it helps Coz I just want this over now so I can get back to some sort of normality

Lilacpink40 Thu 21-Jul-16 23:27:27

So sorry this is happening to you.

Life can be so shitty. flowers

willitbe Thu 21-Jul-16 23:33:04

💐

PeppasNanna Thu 21-Jul-16 23:33:08

So sorry for you Op flowers

I had a D&C so different experience.

KazG71 Fri 22-Jul-16 00:19:55

Thanks guys. Been a very very difficult week both physically and emotionally and just want to grieve and move on now. For some reason though my body just won't let go of this sad

Lilacpink40 Fri 22-Jul-16 20:56:15

I had a molar preg many yrs ago. Felt so cheated that my baby had died weeks before I knew and I was happily carrying it around thinking all was ok.

Go with the grief - disbelief, pain, guilt, anger. It will soften with time but sadly no way around it.

In the back of my head I kept the thought that I'd try again. After 6 months of tests and medical all-clear my next preg was fine.

I wish you well for the future flowers

Adopter Fri 22-Jul-16 20:59:44

I'm sorry sorry you're going through this sadflowerschocolatecakebrew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now