Talk

Advanced search

Help - worried after ErPC

(9 Posts)
littlepooch Wed 20-Jul-16 20:34:40

Really hoping someone can reassure me.... I had an ErPC on 8 July. Afterwards I had some very light bleeding which tailed off into spotting after about 4 or so days. I've been very slightly brown spotting ever since.

Today I've been having mild cramps, gone to the toilet and I'm bleeding, lightly but it's bright red, whereas for the past week it was brown spotting. Should I be worried? I feel like this whole sorry episode is just messing with my mind and turning me into some paranoid panicky person.

Sorry if tmi I just don't know what's normal anymore and it's panicking me.

princessconsuelobananahammock Wed 20-Jul-16 21:52:16

Could it be your period returning? Mine took about 5 weeks but I guess it could happen by now. Have you had a negative pregnancy test?

littlepooch Thu 21-Jul-16 16:52:43

No I took one this morning and still very positive! So frustrating but I guess I have to just be patient.

katonic Thu 21-Jul-16 17:00:08

I had one about 4 weeks ago, had lots of red bleeding for 2 weeks afterwards which trailed off into brown spotting, only to have my period come in the end of the 3rd week which was much heavier and redder than before I got pregnant. I would say you're still healing at this stage and its normal to still be bleeding, but if preg test is still positive and you're worried would you be able to go to the EPU and ask for advice/check up there? You may still have tissues to pass :-/ I was told if it's still positive after 2 weeks to go back in.
Hope everything is ok for you, it's a tough thing to be going through so don't beat yourself up over being panicky or paranoid, it will pass and everything should get back to normal soon flowers

smellsofelderberries Mon 25-Jul-16 12:56:39

Sounds similar to my experience. I had an ERPC in January, had almost no bleeding afterwards, just spotting, and then had a bleed similar to a light period which started 8 days after my ERPC, and lasted about 4 days. I had a really short cycle that first cycle too- ovulated 14 days after surgery (had a BFN 12 days after surgery) then period arrived 9 days after that- only 23 days after surgery.

Snowflakes1122 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:51:10

They told me at epau if it picks up again heavier to contact them. This can be from retained bits or infection in some cases.

I had a d&c on the 15th and started with some cramps to my left side this weekend and doc gave me antibiotics. It's definitely worth calling or seeing someone for advice.

So sorry for your loss

Snowflakes1122 Mon 25-Jul-16 13:53:36

Also, doctors told me the higher your hcg levels, the longer to come down.
I was 13 weeks (baby died 11 weeks) so in still getting positive pregnancy tests.

Mention it to them that you are though if you see someone flowers

littlepooch Tue 26-Jul-16 19:54:28

Thank you everyone for replying. You don't know how much it helps having people to talk to.

The bleeding has stopped again. Still getting positive tests but they are much much fainter so hopefully a negative one will appear soon. I was 13 weeks too when I had ,my ErPC so perhaps that's why it's taking longer as suggested. I'm just so desperate to start ttc again, that I just so want my cycles to get back to normal.

I am so sorry for all your losses and that you've had to go through this too. Xx flowers

Snowflakes1122 Wed 27-Jul-16 08:06:01

I know how you feel. Just want to put this painful chapter behind you flowers

Sounds like things are going the right way if your tests are getting lighter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now