Talk

Advanced search

What do I do about work after miscarriage?

(3 Posts)
Gemmaxo Sun 17-Jul-16 20:16:36

Hi ladies, I just found out 2nights ago I've most likely miscarried my 6 week old baby, I have a scan tomorrow to confirm it but the doctor says from the amount of blood he could see inside me he is 99% sure it's a miscarriage, I am absolutely devastated. I feel so empty and upset and I can't stop crying when I think about how my life could of been as this was going to be my first baby. I spoke to my manager when I found out I was possibly miscarrying and I completely broke down on the phone to him, he understood and told me to take what I need but I need a sick note. Me & my boyfriend rent so missing pay is something I can't miss out on but I just can't face work as I work in a call centre and my job role is very customer based. Will my gp be able to sign me off? What do I do, do I ask or will my doctor offer? I've never done this before and I would feel cheeky asking for time off work but I just can't face it after losing my babysadsad

Wolfiefan Sun 17-Jul-16 20:19:18

Of course your GP can sign you off and of course you need the time. It's NOT cheeky!
Be kind to yourself and look after yourself. I'm so sorry you are facing this.
flowers

knaffedoff Sun 17-Jul-16 20:25:28

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it's important that you take the time you need to grieve.

You should be able to self certificate and not require a gp sick note for the first 5 days, if towards the end of the week you are still feeling unable to return to work, make an appt with your gp and request a sick note. Having been where you are, I made my team aware of what had happened, so that they understood why I was quiet / withdrawn and at times unable to do the basic of tasks and needed their help and co-operation x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now