Talk

Advanced search

Weird bleeding after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
FlyingSpaghettiM0nster Sun 10-Jul-16 13:38:36

I miscarried about 12 days ago, happened naturally. I had a scan 2 days later and the nurse said that there was a small amount of tissue left but it should come away by itself, she diagnosed it as a complete miscarriage. Since then, I had period-type bleeding for a few days which gradually went to spotting. I've had brown spotting for a few days now. This morning though it has turned back to a light period-type bleed. I also took a test which is still positive.

I'm absolutely gutted, I thought it was over. This is my 2nd mc, my first was a mmc and I opted for the smm. That was awful but it was so much more straight forward than this. I just want it to be finished so I can get back to normal. I'm going to call the EPAU tomorrow and see what they say.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm hoping this is normal, don't want to have to have another evac sad

AnUtterIdiot Tue 12-Jul-16 11:23:37

Two weeks is not that long, especially if it was a natural MMC. It does come and go and everyone is different. I did bleed for a good 4 or 5 weeks after it happened. The spotting got less and less and less, then about 4 days before the end it suddenly became heavier, basically like a normal period, and then the spotting stopped altogether and there's been no blood since. I didn't do a pregnancy test until about a week before it ended. What did the EPAU say?

I'm sorry for your loss flowers

FlyingSpaghettiM0nster Tue 12-Jul-16 11:57:26

Thank you. They said that it's not unusual and they would ring me in a week and I should do a test beforehand because they want to make sure it's negative. I did realise that I should be 8 weeks pregnant now and the bleeding started on the day I would have been due... I suppose it could be breakthrough bleeding? I just wish it was over so I can get on with my life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now