Advanced search

3 miscarriages - what tests will gp do?

(3 Posts)
Celen Wed 29-Jun-16 06:37:40


Been ttc dc2 for two years now, during which I've had 2 mcs and an mmc. I was going to go to GP to request clomid as not been pregnant for a year and am 39 so experiencing secondary infertility.

WWYD? Tell GP about 3 mcs or keep quiet about third mc and request clomid and hope they prescribe it to me?

Any thoughts gratefully received! Thank you smile

Kornerkutta Wed 29-Jun-16 14:06:28

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. In our area GPs would not initiate clomid (can only be started by gynaecologist/fertility services). I would definitely mention the miscarriages. If you have had 3 consecutive miscarriages you should be referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic run by gynaecology (if available in your area). They would then carry out any necessary tests, rather than your GP. Good luck

2yummymummy2 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:29:18

They will check that you are ovulating and don't have blocked Fallopian tubes so expect lots of blood tests and a scan and/or having dye to check for blockages

At 39 and because you have said secondary infertility they may not actually refer you at all but tell you to go private, if you already have a child but it all depends on where you live.
Is Ivf something you have considered? Going private will save you lots of time.

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now