can somebody help and ease my mind PLEASE

(2 Posts)
Sophiehfz2805 Tue 28-Jun-16 22:00:19

Hi every1
I had a MC about a month ago, i was 5 months. Im not sure the cause but i think it was because of an infection.. They treated me with antibiotics whilst in hosp but didn't give me any to go home with. I went back 1/2 weeks after giving birth and got two swabs done (vagina&cervix) just incase, they came back with infections. Took my first 10 day course of antibiotics, now onto my second course of antibiotics.

Having an infection won't affect my chance of getting pregnant again will it?:/ and how will i be sure its gone , i feel like i have no symptoms of infection its weird to think i have one.. Also as i didnt know i had an infection until only a week ago i've been having unprotected sex with my husband and was wondering if he could catch infections from me? (Silly question) but curious and worried & STRESSED. sad

greenwolf Wed 29-Jun-16 18:43:00

Hello Sophie - I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Sending lots of love. I miscarried at 4 months a couple of months back. It's a horrible thing to go through. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your questions about infection, but I didn't want to read and run. I recognise the feeling of stress and worry, the questions going round and round in my mind are exhausting. I wonder if you have a GP or a bereavement midwife you could talk to about these things, or the miscarriage association helpline, as they may be able to answer some of your questions. I found talking to my GP about the things worrying me immediately after my miscarriage helped to clarify issues. I wrote down what I wanted to ask and I took my husband with me. I hope you get some answers and some peace of mind. Sorry not to be more helpful. Sending love. Be very kind and gentle to yourself xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now