Talk

Advanced search

present for parent of twins, one stillborn

(6 Posts)
microscope Mon 27-Jun-16 19:41:49

I'd appreciate any advice (and please tell me if this is inappropriate for this forum)

My cousin has just had twins, one stillborn one live - this was known about antenatally and fully expected. She lives a few hours away from me and in the normal run of things I'd go onto amazon or similar and send her something for the new baby and something for big sister.

But I want to acknowledge her lost baby too - she has a name. I was thinking something maybe engraved with the name but I don't know what - ideally would be able to send with the stuff for the live twin and the older sister so wouldn't feel as if leaving the stillborn twin out.

any ideas would be most welcome!

SpaceKablooie Mon 27-Jun-16 19:52:36

Oh microscope, how sad. I think your idea sounds lovely - what about something engraved from Not On The High Street for both twins? They have lovely things, I'm sure they'd have something suitable.

microscope Mon 27-Jun-16 19:54:33

That's a nice idea - must admit I hadn't thought of getting the same thing for both, but would be a great long-term keepsake. And I'm sure she will get enough baby books etc to last her for ages......

NapQueen Mon 27-Jun-16 19:57:33

What about something for mum? Have it personalised with both babies names on (bracelet or similar), or their initials.

CocktailQueen Mon 27-Jun-16 20:01:53

What about a special rose or plant for the garden? Rosemary is for remembrance.

Roses have some lovely names: www.britishroses.co.uk/acatalog/Bereavement-Roses.html

What a lovely thought.

Ilovewillow Mon 27-Jun-16 20:38:39

Not on the high street has some lovely gifts which I think would be really suitable!

I'm so sorry! What a lovely gesture!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now