miscarriage- natural, then medical, now possible surgery(2 Posts)
I've finally found the miscarriage board- went to pregnancy and then infertility!
So to cut a very long story short- blighted ovum/anembryonic pregnancy- my diagnosis, not the hospital who say a miscarriage is a miscarriage.
Tried two week natural- though hospital would not diagnose miscarriage until 2nd scan/2nd week of miscarrying
Then Friday had a pessary. Awful pains, which are still there seem to come on after I've eaten and also when I go to toilet for a pee or a pooh. But no blood, no clots-cramps seem to be producing a tiny bit of brown discharge and a tiny tiny bit of tissue.
Thing is I've passed the gestational sac- scan said embryo inconclusive and yolk sac absent.
So what is the signficant products I have left- hospital say tissue, but cant say what- confused!!
Anyhow- real reason I'm here is I want an op, hospital being odd- yesterday I was told I could have an emergency scan today to determine next course of treatment and today said they couldn't do one until Monday- I made a bit of a noise and now I have to sit and wait for a possible slot tomorrow morn.
I want an op, whilst I have enough courage, but I want it soon- really soon. They say that they basically stick you in for a day,but you have to wait for the op and any emergency surgery precedes you.
Any ideas about what I could say to ensure got the op sooner, rather than later?
Hi Ruby, so sorry for your loss. I had a blighted ovum, discovered at 10 weeks in May, had the medical management when I would have been 11 weeks. I understand that although there is no yolk sac, there is still a gestational sac (I think this is different to the yolk sac) and placenta. so if you've not passed this then I imagine that is what's left.
I had a small clot remaining after my medical treatment and was booked in for the surgical procedure (which they decided I didn't need just as I was going to theatre) Sadly I was kept waiting on the ward for 2 days before a slot was available and found it really stressful, I wish I'd asked about having further medication instead. Obviously surgery is the better option for some though as its more of a clean slate and you can move on quicker.
As for being seen as a priority once you're there- if you have a large amount of product remaining (which will be evident from the scan) then you may get seen quicker, and I imagine if you were having any signs of infection you'd also be bumped up the list. Other than that I can only advise you to be assertive once you're there, I didn't feel I had the strength at the time but I think I may have been seen quicker if I'd complained.
I hope you don't mind me being quite factual about it all. good luck x
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now
Already registered with Mumsnet? Log in to leave your comment or alternatively, sign in with Facebook or Google.
Please login first.