Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tummy huge after surgical miscarriage (ERPC)

(8 Posts)
Enigma1975 Tue 07-Jun-16 09:11:16

Hello,

ERPC yesterday - feel ok today (sore and a bit woozy still) but I appear to have a stomach the size of a balloon? Think snake that's swallowed a melon.

The irony is that I look more pregnant now than I did when I was :-(

I'm back to work tomorrow, then on holiday Sunday to go to my friends wedding (in Greece) the following Friday. I'm really not a vain person, but I'm really worried that if it doesn't do down asap people will assume that I'm pregnant or ask :-( Plus I don't think I can fit into any of the dresses I was thinking of wearing!!

What can I do? I really don't want to be explaining myself :-(

bombayflambe Tue 07-Jun-16 09:17:38

I have no specific knowledge of the procedure but abdominal swelling would seem to me to be an adverse sign: have you considered going to the Dr for a check or did they warn you that this was a possible issue in the first few days?

Enigma1975 Tue 07-Jun-16 09:20:24

Hiya - thanks for reply. No specific warning on this but warned about cramping, bleeding etc (still both). The only thing to watch out for is infection but I don't think that's a concern...

fuzzywuzzy Wed 08-Jun-16 10:44:27

Hi enigma I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had a missed miscarriage and surgical management on the 12th of May, my stomach also looked big and I was in pain and bleeding after two weeks of this I went back to epau and they found the SMM had not worked they'd left behind a lot of product so I had a second SMM which I think has worked, my stomach looks normal now and no pain altho bleeding is a bit erratic, I'm back in next week for a follow up scan.

Can you go back to your epau and get it checked to ensure everything is ok?

idontlikealdi Wed 08-Jun-16 11:41:40

Sorry for your loss.

As you are going away I would be inclined toe t checked out before you go.

I had An ERPC and was fine after, no swelling at all. Hope you get it sorted.

frowner Wed 08-Jun-16 19:29:57

I had an erpc on Monday and my tummy is also very large, I have been quite constipated afterwards so don't know if that's also causing problems but I'm hoping it goes down soon as it's mentally torturing looking pregnant still.

Enigma1975 Wed 08-Jun-16 19:43:01

Hi Frowner - yes, I'm the same. Upsetting isn't it.

I don't think I've got an infection or anything nasty - I just feel bloated and huge :-(

frowner Wed 08-Jun-16 20:15:30

Yes, it's sadly just another reminder of what we haven't got, I hate catching sight of myself or my reflection. So horrible what miscarriage does to you both mentally and physically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now