Talk

Advanced search

Lost baby at 5 months.

(12 Posts)
Sophiehfz2805 Wed 01-Jun-16 14:33:25

Hi, i was curious to whether there was anyone who has had a mid pregnancy miscarriage and had to give birth for it, like me and has tried to conceive straight after (the bleeding) and had a sucessful pregnancy? I just went through a really difficult time at losing my baby at 5 months , the reason is unknown but doctors think it was an infection which may have broke my waters or opened my cervix, or weakness of the cervix. I really want a baby and in a ftm and for getting at 5 months then losing it all hurts me, i dont want to wait too long to try aswell.. Help.

alwaysfancywine Wed 01-Jun-16 14:42:20

I lost a baby at 5 months. I was pregnant again within 3 months. It can and will happen flowers. Good luck x

lifeistooshort Wed 01-Jun-16 14:46:19

No experience but just wanted to say sorry to hear about your loss and wishing you a positive outcome in the near future

Sophiehfz2805 Wed 01-Jun-16 15:01:52

Its so devastingsad i hope you are well now. Did you have a sucessful pregnancy if you don't mind me asking? Thank you so much. Just keep worrying 24/7. I think i may try as soon as i come off my period x

Sophiehfz2805 Wed 01-Jun-16 15:02:13

Thank you , i hope so x

Sophiehfz2805 Wed 01-Jun-16 15:03:10

Also i was wondering (alwaysfancywine) , did you start trying straight afterwards? X

Pinkheart5915 Wed 01-Jun-16 15:05:21

I was different to you my DD was stillborn at 30 weeks and we didn't ttc for a few years after but when we did I got pregnant on the first month of trying and now have a healthy happy ds.

Sorry to hear of your loss flowers

alwaysfancywine Wed 01-Jun-16 15:06:58

Hi - yes after a couple of weeks I think (my DS is 7 now so can't remember exactly). I was lucky to be able to fall pregnant again so quickly and it was good for me mentally to feel pregnant again. Pregnancy was absolutely perfect and son is perfectly healthy! I guess some people may need longer to emotionally get over the trauma of the loss, I just wanted a baby so badly. Only you know how long you need to grieve and move on. Xx

Sophiehfz2805 Wed 01-Jun-16 16:41:17

Im so sorry to hear about the pinkheart5915 to be so far along knowing you don't have long left till your baby is here then have that happen. Im so sorry for your losssadflowers

Sophiehfz2805 Wed 01-Jun-16 16:43:26

Hi again, and that is good you fell pregnant again quickly. With me im so used to being pregnant everyone keeps saying wait 6 months but i don't want too, with myself, i would feel the happiest if i was pregnant again. Were you not worrying through out your full pregnancy? And exactly that is true. People think they know better but you only really know properly yourself, i just want a baby so badly to know what its like to be a mum. Hopefully it will happen for me and everything will go well ! X

sparechange Wed 01-Jun-16 16:47:06

So sorry for your loss flowers

I had a loss at a similar stage to you, and was told the first cycle is often an non-ovulatory one, so we sat it out.

One doctor tried to tell us to wait until the due date had passed until trying again, but when I pressed him on why, it was purely based on emotional recommendations, rather than physical ones.
And everyone is totally different, so I don't think there is any good reason to suggest everyone should wait that long. I really, really wanted to be pregnant again by the time my due date came around, which unfortunately didn't happen, but I did get pregnant again a few months later

Sophiehfz2805 Thu 02-Jun-16 21:07:57

Sparechange- hi, thank you. Im sorry for your loss too, its such a difficult and hard time. Yeah im in two minds about waiting after one cycle or just trying as soon as i stop bleeding.. Like people are telling me its too soon to start trying as it only happened last week but i feel within myself that it would help me and make me happy. I just don't know how i'd be if it happened again sad yes same here. I was due in October and i really wanna be pregnant by the time the due date comes..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now