Talk

Advanced search

Should I still be in pain?

(7 Posts)
AKP79 Wed 01-Jun-16 12:45:43

I was diagnosed with a MMC at our 2 week scan nearly 2 weeks ago. On Friday I miscarried our baby naturally, it was all a bit dramatic and I ended up being blue lighted to hospital because I had a big blood loss. I'm home now, but the cramping hasn't really gone away since Friday, it's not as intense, but has got worse today. I'd say it was like a very bad period. I have also been getting shooting pains in my side and through my vagina. The bleeding has also got heavier today.

Is all this normal? It's my second MMC in 5 months, but the first was earlier and very different.

AKP79 Wed 01-Jun-16 12:47:13

That should if read 12 week scan. I miscarried at 13 weeks.

willitbe Wed 01-Jun-16 21:01:39

I think you should go back and have things checked out, you might have some retained or infection. Best get checked out.

toffeeboffin Wed 01-Jun-16 21:36:48

Go get it checked out.

You shouldn't still be bleeding heavily and the sharp pain doesn't sound good.

AKP79 Thu 02-Jun-16 20:12:55

Just to update... I have been to the hospital and I have retained tissue, and an infection. Now on antibiotics.

willitbe Thu 02-Jun-16 22:35:30

I am glad you went and got checked, hope that the antibiotics work soon, and that the retained tissue goes soon too.

AKP79 Thu 02-Jun-16 23:15:02

Thank you. Tablets are huge so hoping they'll hit it hard! But anxious about the retained tissue, the same thing happened at Christmas, 3 weeks on it was still there and I had to have the ERPC. I just want it all over with now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now