Talk

Advanced search

11 weeks (baby at 8). D&C booked tomorrow but think am miscarrying now. Help?

(27 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 18:38:30

Quite scared. Booked D&C tomorrow for my MMC but just had cramps plus gush of clear fluid. It's going to happen at home isn't it? What do I do? Do I go to A&E or raid my codydramol stock from 2014's broken leg?

CupidsArrows Thu 26-May-16 18:46:51

This happened to me. The D&C went ahead but I did call the hospital to check. Sorry for your loss flowers

fuzzywuzzy Thu 26-May-16 18:49:05

I had similar my body didn't expel everything neutrally tho and they did do the SMM.

When you go into hospital tell them. The doctor told me if I'm still bleeding it means I still had retained product, I've if completely miscarried I would not be bleeding.

I'm so sorry for your loss xx

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 18:50:16

I mean should I go to A&E now or take painkillers at home?

fuzzywuzzy Thu 26-May-16 18:50:18

The operation is pretty straight forward and you'll be up and walking pretty quickly afterwards. Please don't be scared. I've had two

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 18:51:24

They did tell me to go in even if it happened but I don't know what to expect here or how to manage it or what sort of pain I will be in

fuzzywuzzy Thu 26-May-16 18:51:59

Call the epau you can go in, they didn't do anything for me at the time just scanned me to confirm I still had retained product and gave me strong painkillers, I spent the night on painkillers and hugging my hot water bottle.

If you're in pain/feel something is wrong go straight to your local epau

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 18:52:43

I am not scared of the D&C, I wanted the operation. I am scared of the fact that I'm going to miscarry at home before I can have the operation. I did not want to do this at home and don't know what to expect.

fuzzywuzzy Thu 26-May-16 18:53:19

For me the pain came and went, I had a hot bath and took painkillers and went to bed, evenitally slept badly. If you feel you need to go stroaght into hospital.

P1nkP0ppy Thu 26-May-16 18:53:30

Call the hospital and ask them if you should be admitted now. If they say stay at home do you have someone with you op?
Hugs x

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 18:56:24

DH is with me but I didn't really want him to have to deal with this either. I will try the hospital. I assume the EPAU is closed now.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 18:56:38

Thanks all x

fuzzywuzzy Thu 26-May-16 18:56:52

When I was going through it, I passed a lot of tissue and clots, but it didn't clear everything out at home.

I was in pretty much constant low level pain which increased and then decreased. I was 7.5 weeks along and baby died at 11 weeks.

They still did the operation, I was pretty amazed at how much product there was for such a short pregnancy.

Call your epau if you need advice.

Tinklypoo Thu 26-May-16 19:01:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blueskies80 Thu 26-May-16 19:03:48

If you're concerned go into a and e. Sorry this is happening to you.

I had big blood loss with one at 11 weeks, made blood pressure drop low and went on a drop. So glad I went into hospital. Had an eprc the next day as it wasn't complete.

flowers

ohhhmylegs Thu 26-May-16 19:11:44

Call epau and ask for some advice to err on the side of caution. Even if it happens tonight, they will still want you to turn up tomorrow to check all is progressing. You may still need a scan before and after the D&C.

I wish that I just opted for a D&C for my MMC at 13 weeks. I thought doing it naturally would help me grieve better, it didn't. I was completely traumatised because I was unprepared. If I had the management straightaway then I wouldn't have spent 8 weeks physically ill.

OP please don't hold back with midwives. Anything you need answered, please ask them. It's your body and emotional health.
So sorry for your loss. flowers

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 19:13:08

EPAU is not open.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-May-16 19:14:19

I know I will need to go tomorrow anyway, I just wanted to know what will happen now. With the miscarrying at home.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 27-May-16 01:21:56

Just a quick update. DH is with me and I have taken some of the codydramol and diclofenac that I got for a broken leg. I don't think I have passed the sac yet but the contractions have subsided and I feel quite comfortable at the mo. We'll see what happens but I was very anxious when I posted and very grateful to everyone who replied to my not very coherent OP.

INeedNewShoes Fri 27-May-16 01:35:37

Glad things are ok OP. I had d&c a couple of Mondays ago. I spent the weekend dreading miscarrying at home before the surgery but despite cramps and bleeding the sac waited until the d&c.

Miscarrying is such a horrid thing to go through but I found the d&c completely manageable and was glad I'd opted for that route.

I hope you manage to get some sleep.

Make sure you rest well for a few days after this. I was a complete wuss physically and mentally for a few days!

flowers

AKP79 Fri 27-May-16 08:50:27

Hi op - I am going through exactly the same at the moment. My DH is at work and I'm looking after our 4 year old. It's pretty shitty. Im 13 weeks and my D&C is booked for Tuesday.

I have been miscarrying since Tuesday this week and have found that I get really intense periods of contractions with increased blood flow for 2-3 hours and then everything abruptly stops. It's a good idea to keep on top of the pain with regular pain killers.

Hope you're ok.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 27-May-16 13:36:37

It turns out that I had passed the sac last night, so no D&C necessary.

AKP79 that sounds really hard. I hope you feel better after the D&C. It is odd to say this given how much I want a baby but I feel so much better for having my body back. flowers

INeedNewShoes Fri 27-May-16 13:48:28

That saves you from post- general anaesthetic doziness then, so a small blessing amidst the difficult situation.

Look after yourself flowers

AnUtterIdiot Fri 27-May-16 14:36:07

Yes, I have to admit I would still choose a D&C if I had to choose again. In some ways it was nice to be at home - my DH was brilliant and I don't know that the analgesic would have been better in A&E. But it was scary - neither of us knew what to expect and I think it was hard for DH to see me in pain and not be able to stop it.

fuzzywuzzy Fri 27-May-16 17:00:10

Hope your recovery straight forward from here op.

I understand what you mean about having your body back, I feel that way too.

I'd also choose the surgical management avian if God forbid I ever go thro this again, there's not much pain afterwards and bleeding is light. The actual miscarriage for me was agony on and off and so protracted it was reassuring to have it all done and over.

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now