Periods after miscarriages?

(3 Posts)
ToastyToasty Wed 11-May-16 18:58:21

Hello all.
Miscarried naturally at just under 8 weeks in February & had 3 periods since then. They've all been regular but containing a lot of small very dark clots, which is not usual for me.
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience that shed light on this? I guess I'm slightly concerned in case there are any retained products confused ?

Kiss2DD Wed 11-May-16 20:30:30

I think that is normal. I have my peroid with blood clotting all years. That should not be a sign of residual. If you do not have other sign, it should not be a concern to going on. Good luck!

rider1975 Thu 12-May-16 18:18:22

My periods changed after my first miscarriage (ERPC) and I always have brown blood a little bit before and after the main event - with some graininess. I'm guessing that either I had a little scarring or the uterus changed a little in shape. No medical professional has ever been able to explain it. I think the important thing is to have regular periods - well, that's the received knowledge I can offer. I did get pregnant again nonetheless and implantation was fine so hopefully no problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now