Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

After some reassurance...

(2 Posts)
slicerrice Sat 07-May-16 18:50:58

Hi I had a blighted ovum miscarriage at 14 weeks- involved lots of heavy bleeding, black outs and blood transfusions! This happened 2 months ago and I am on iron tablets and still don't feel 100%. I have had one period all good normal timings and then a week later a heavier period started- and I'm totally drained and depressed- didn't have too much to drink last night but had a hangover from hell this morning. And can't shake the gloomy feeling that things are pointless. I'm isually quite upbeat! I guess I'm wondering if other people had crazy cycles after a miscarriage- is it normal for me to feel so shit when I've got my period and is it usuall for the blues to still hit me- as if from nowhere... ?

Purpleprickles Mon 09-May-16 23:08:41

I'm really sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had an awful time. I can't really help with advice on cycles but I can talk about the blues.

I had a blighted ovum roughly this time last year, had an erpc during the half term and went straight back to work. I was ok for about 5 weeks keeping busy, stiff upper lip and all that. Then it got too much and I ended up getting signed off from work for the end of term. I got referred to counselling by my GP and was told I was grieving which I was but I just hadn't realised. So I think after a loss then yes the sadness can just hit you from nowhere even after a time of you feeling like you are coping and dealing with things.

Be kind to yourself and I hope you have some good rl support and someone to rant at or cry on flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now