Talk

Advanced search

Am i having an Early Miscarriage or an Early period

(10 Posts)
LilySnape Fri 29-Apr-16 04:57:46

Hi
Bit of an upsetting post and i don't know where else to post this. I think im having a miscarriage, I haven't done a pregnancy test to see if im pregnant yet but if i am i could only be 3 weeks PG max. I started bleeding heavily yesterday when i woke up its come out of nowhere my period is regular as clockwork and isn't due until the 7th may !! i had no symptoms prior to the bleed starting but its been a few hours now and cramping has started and im having blood clots and feel dizzy and a feeling this isn't right !!
do i need to go to A&E or my GP and should i do a test ? Someone please advise i don't know what to do and I've been up all night worrying and googling sad

Expatmomma Fri 29-Apr-16 06:11:05

Hi Lily

I am so sorry to hear this.

Is it possible that you are not 3 weeks but 7 weeks pregnant?

Was your last period 3 weeks ago different to usual? Maybe lighter or shorter? Maybe it was not a real period (same happened to me).

Your description sounds like a heavy period or possibly a mc at 7 weeks but not a mc at 3 weeks.

I had a mc at 6-7 weeks and it felt like you are describing plus I could feel my cervix contracting\opening. Sorry for the detail.

You could try a preg test but there may no longer be hormones to detect. These are more likely to he seen on a blood test.

Could you call the GP this morning and ask their advice?

My thoughts are with you.

LilySnape Fri 29-Apr-16 06:28:54

my last period ended on 10th april and it was normal i can pick up on abnormalities with them usually and it was a fairly medium flow if it had been lighter id have suspected pregnancy i don't think a pregnancy would have survived the flow i had but this one now _is super heavy and has clots and stuff and its way to early and doesn't feel anything like my normal periods i usually have stomach cramps a week or so before a period and during but with this bleeding i haven't felt any cramps in the last 4hrs there we're a few last night but nothing since im gonna phone 101 later and ask their advice and do a pregnancy test my mind is all over the place thinking of reason's my period could have flipped dates so suddenly

LilySnape Fri 29-Apr-16 17:19:50

I've done 2 tests both negative and the blood is really clotted and foul smelling so bf is taking me to A&E for tests

LilySnape Fri 29-Apr-16 19:56:55

Sat in A&E nearly cried saying the word miscarriage to the receptionist we have a 2hr wait ahead sad

Expatmomma Fri 29-Apr-16 23:03:32

Hi Lily,

Probably you are in the best place.

Hopefully a gynae will be able to see what is going on.

Were you TTC? Please don't answer if you don't want to.

If you are TTC I hope that it happens soon.

To reassure you when I was about 32 I suddenly started getting periods just as you describe. I literally could not leave the bathroom!

The gynae scanned me and found that my uterus lining was 4 times thicker than usual.

A 2 month course of progesterone and It cleared up and periods have been light ever since (several years ago).

Maybe you are experiencing something similar?

I hope you soon get answers and feel better.

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sat 30-Apr-16 11:53:33

How are you doing OP?

LilySnape Fri 13-May-16 01:54:47

Hi sorry for late reply i had a misscarriage on 28th april and I was 4 weeks pregnant sad me and dp have decided now is the right time for children and to TTC so onwards and upwards

Expatmomma Fri 13-May-16 04:47:35

Oh Lily so sorry to hear that.
But excited for you that you are going to TTC. Good luck smile

LilySnape Fri 13-May-16 07:51:39

Thanks hoping it happens soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now