Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 5 weeks

(21 Posts)
Hill1990 Fri 15-Apr-16 02:52:47

Found out last week that I was pregnant!
Last period was 12 March so am 5 weeks tomorrow.

I started spotting pink yesterday and today its more red. I'm really worried I'm m/c
but I know people in my family who have had periods whilst pregnant.... I spoke to midwife and can't scan till 6 weeks. So contact her again if still spotting next week. And contact gp if bleeding... I'm calling gp in the morning.

After some advice as not sure what is going on, it's my first pregnancy. My cousin just lost hers at 20 weeks. And I'm freaking out. Really hope I don't loose this baby

RoTo72 Fri 15-Apr-16 22:12:38

Hi. Sorry ur going thru this. I'm sure ur worried sick. Don't think much shows up on scan before 6 weeks which is why they probably want you to wait. It is common to have implant spotting during early pregnancy. Really hope.this is the case for you. Wishing you luck xx

Hill1990 Sat 16-Apr-16 06:23:23

Thank you x

Bonywasawarriorwayayix Sat 16-Apr-16 11:08:25

It could well be an implantation bleed by the sound of it. Are you getting aches in one particular spot? I had it with DS- thought it was my period.

Hill1990 Sat 16-Apr-16 11:26:04

Doc said probably too late in the day for implantation bleeding but could be breakthrough or mc. X

Hill1990 Sat 16-Apr-16 11:26:45

No aches at all. No cramps little heavier today with little specs of clotting. X

Hill1990 Sat 16-Apr-16 19:57:14

Think I mc sad

lotsoffunandgames Sat 16-Apr-16 20:02:59

Sorry op sad for balance I mc my first at 10 weeks and when I started bleeding at 6 weeks with my second I thought the worst but scans showed a heart beat.I then bled alot at 12 and 13 weeks with cramps and really thought I had lost it and actually took ibuprofen. I went for another scan and all was fine. bleeding stopped.strong heart beat.all ok.
I hope you get a good outcome.x

sparksalot Sun 17-Apr-16 18:08:29

Hi all. I've just joined this site because I am having exactly the same experience.
I tested last Sunday 10th and got a faint positive. Then tested five more times during the week, all positive!
I started getting light brown discharge last night and it's now turned into dark brown almost red sorry tmi! I've just done a cheap strip test and a morrisons own brand. Both negative, I should be 4 weeks 6 days today.
Im not due to see the midwife until May so not sure what to do. Should I just put this down to chemical im so sad sad

Hill1990 Sun 17-Apr-16 18:15:17

I'm still hoping till bloods tomorrow and scan in Just over a week.
Always worth speaking to your doctor sparksalot. I did, I've been bleeding for 4 days and I'm 5+1 x

lotsoffunandgames Sun 17-Apr-16 18:16:08

Sparksalot don't be sad yet, it's early days and you might not have mc. Give it a bit more time x

sparksalot Sun 17-Apr-16 18:33:48

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention I've been having cramps too like normal period cramps. I only came off the pill in January so this has happened pretty quickly and I really wasn't prepared for it! I was really scared at first and was just starting to get used to the idea, this is a flipping roller coaster of emotions confused
Hill1990 good luck with your bloods xx

sparksalot Mon 18-Apr-16 10:47:49

Hi all, just an update. I called docs today and have an appointment at the early pregnancy unit at my local hospital. Still cramping and very light bleeding. I'm not feeling hopeful. But at least I will know for sure.
To top it of its husbands 30th birthday tomorrow, don't feel like celebrating much xx

Hill1990 Mon 18-Apr-16 15:15:29

Good luck sparks. I had first lot of bloods today and doctor calling tomorrow. Feel like it's gone though. No pain for me and no flooding. It was just like a period but without the pain. Tempted to test again when I next go to the loo x

Hill1990 Mon 18-Apr-16 17:57:37

Tested again... Shows 1-2 weeks sad

sparksalot Mon 18-Apr-16 18:42:03

I'm sorry Hill are you thinking it should show more?

I've just tested again on a first response, got a bfn.

This really sucks sad

sparksalot Mon 18-Apr-16 18:46:47

I'm getting lots of aches and back pain not much blood though. The doc said because I haven't passed any clots he's referring me. I doubt there's much point for me now.

Hill have you been ttc for long?

Hill1990 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:18:25

Im 5+2 so should show 3+ weeks on clear blue.

We have been trying since October. But we're very happy to get a positive... Not I feel it's gone... It sucks x

sparksalot Mon 18-Apr-16 23:42:35

I'll keep everything crossed for you! Let me know what doc says tomorrow xx

I feel the same, wanting this to hurry up now so I can get back to normal, start again and stop dwelling on it xx

Hill1990 Thu 21-Apr-16 14:36:33

Bfn unfortunately sad x

sparksalot Thu 21-Apr-16 16:24:48

Oh no I'm so sorry 😢 Me too the hospital confirmed it. They said we can try again straight away though xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now