Talk

Advanced search

2nd Blighted Ovum in a row - I have no idea what option to pick :(

(2 Posts)
Khaxby Sat 09-Apr-16 12:35:45

After early scans and blood tests, it was confirmed yesterday that whilst last week's scan showed an empty sac, size was right for 5 weeks and hormones were rising healthily; this week's u/s showed sac growth to 17.9 mm but still empty sad not even a yolk. I've had spotting for the last 2 weeks and some cramping which the midwife said is due to some separation.

They've given me a bunch of leaflets about conservative, medical and surgical options to miscarry which I just can't comprehend (again) with mixed feelings of fear after my last m/c which was natural and one of the worst experiences of my life along with fear that they could be wrong and I don't want to force a miscarry if they are.

Anyone else been faced with this? I just don't know what to do other than be devastated. It's a cruel twist of fate that I can't sleep because my boobs are so sore and I'm really suffering from m/s even though I don't seem to have made a baby.

bananafish81 Sat 09-Apr-16 15:01:37

I'm so so sorry - life can be so very cruel

I can only speak for myself, but after we discovered I'd had a MMC at my 10 week scan (baby only measured 9+3 with no fetal heartbeat), I opted for surgical management.

I absolutely felt this was the right choice for me - it was physically very straightforward, and I had little to no physical pain or discomfort, and not much bleeding thereafter.

I was terrified about the prospect of natural or medical management, and am very very glad I had an ERPC. I wish you the very best of luck, whatever choice you opt for thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now