Can't get a doc appointment for 10 days - pregnancy symptoms after a miscarriage

(6 Posts)
sizeofalentil Sun 03-Apr-16 12:29:07

Hello,

I just wanted to get some general advice/feedback on this issue because I can't get a doctor's appointment for another 10 days and not sure if I should be worried.

I miscarried on March 17. I was six weeks pregnant. The miscarriage happened suddenly and was over very quickly. I had a scan and they said it was a complete miscarriage and my hcg levels went back down to zero. I had known I was pregnant almost from the day of conception - had very strong pregnancy symptoms (sore breasts, tired, grumpy, went off food, nausea, headaches etc) from the first week.

I have started getting these symptoms again this week - even stronger than before. I have had unprotected sex with my partner but my periods have not returned.

A home pregnancy test came back negative.

I'm worried that this could mean that there is some residual tissue left behind, or that I am otherwise sick. Could these symptoms just mean my body is now extra sensitive to hormones and I am about to come on my period? I just want to know other people's experiences so I can know if I should worry.

Obviously, in my head I now think I have cancer or am having delusions.

tellmemore1982 Sun 03-Apr-16 12:37:47

I'm sorry for your loss OP.

Fwiw, a home test will often take a couple of weeks to come up positive but I had one much quicker with the First Response Early Result test. It's more expensive but may answer your question sooner.

If I were you and worried, I would phone the ante natal clinic at my local hospital, or else go through 111. They can advise over the phone if it sounds like you need to see someone sooner than ten days and also give you names of out of hour GP surgeries or those with available appointments if necessary. All surgeries hold emergency slots for each day and you should be able to get one.

Good luck.

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Sun 03-Apr-16 12:46:49

If you had a mc on 17th March you could be ovulating around now. Since my mc in Jan I've had cramps, sore breasts around ov & pregnancy-like symptoms for a week before AF. It messes with your hormones a lot.
You could call your local EPAU if you have one. After my mc they said call at any time with any questions and they really were happy to help when I did call.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get some answers & peace of mind soon

sizeofalentil Sun 03-Apr-16 12:50:09

Thank you for your reply. I did use an early response one, but think it would still be a bit too soon to tell if I was.

The trouble is - we're in a sort-of limbo when it comes to doctors.

To go to the antenatal/early pregnancy unit - even though it is a walk-in - you need a doctor's or A&E referral. When I MC I had to spend 7 hours in A&E to get one.

We don't have a doctor at the moment because we've only just moved to the area - and the one we've registered at can't see us until the 14th and said they can't see us before - even for an emergency appointment - because we wouldn't have had the welcome check-up thing.

It's so frustrating! I could find a walk-in place, but I'd need a day off work to do that and not sure if I would be better off just waiting the 10 days.

sigh sad

Tomkat79 Sun 03-Apr-16 15:39:09

once your BHCG levels were down to zero, that signals to your body to start the ovulation process again and I guess you could fall again this quickly. If I were you I'd wait and keep the apt in 10 days time. Unlikely to be be residual tissue as BHCG levels were down to zero and scan would've showed it up.

sizeofalentil Mon 02-May-16 21:39:53

Just wanted to pop back and tell you all - they were (extreme) ovulation signs and I got my period in the end. So all was well. Feel loads better now. Thank you so much for your kind advice and help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now