Talk

Advanced search

When did you stop feeling so sad after an early miscarriage?

(7 Posts)
Writerwannabe83 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:30:53

I have a DS, just turned two, and after it taking about 12 months to convince my DH that we should have DC2 we started TTC this year.

We were lucky in that we fell pregnant on our first cycle and we were over the moon. I was an obsessive tester (testing at least every 2 days) and from 11 days post initial BFP my lines got fainter and then I miscarried exactly 14 days after my BFP.

This was 4 weeks ago now and I'm still struggling. I had two weeks off work after it happened and since bring back I have cried every day that I'm there, and I'm talking about inconsolable crying sad

Last night I went out to a Leaver's Party, I forced myself to go in order to try and be happy for a short time but within hours I was in pieces again. I was watching everyone else dancing and laughing and it felt like I was in a completely different world to them, seeing people so happy whilst I felt so sad was just too much.

The miscarriage happened so early that I feel almost ridiculous for still being this upset about it, but I can't help how I feel sad

Penguinepenguins Sat 02-Apr-16 21:40:01

Firstly you are 100% not being ridiculous!

There is no right or wrong about how you feel, you are allowed to feel sad.

For me everytime I see that positive line I feel totally in love with the tiny little human inside of me, I think of everything that will be.

People forget as soon as you see that line you imagine a future and to find that's taken away is very painful

After trying to conceive your first child for so long I can imagine how happy you felt and to have that taken away is so very sad.

I'm so sorry for your loss and I will tell you what my doctor told me

Hug your partner, cry as much as you need too, eat chocolate and above all be kind to yourself

One loss does not mean your suffer another x

RoTo72 Sun 03-Apr-16 01:18:26

Sorry your going thru this op. Ur not being ridiculous at all. I like penguin fell in love with my baby the minute I got a positive test, and I wasn't even ttc. My mc was almost 19 weeks ago and I still break down often. At the start I was inconsolable, I thought id never get thru it, cried constantly, lost loads of weight, couldn't sleep. I thought id never get thru it. I'm still grieving, always will, I still miss my bub and would give anything to be over 7 months pregnant like I should be. But it does get easier to live with and that awful intensity of pain eases. Massive hugs flowers

VashtaNerada Sun 03-Apr-16 01:30:41

So sorry to hear this flowers It does take time to come to terms with. You never forget but the hurt does become much more bearable over time.

elephantoverthehill Sun 03-Apr-16 01:31:37

I do understand your sorrow and pain OP. I think your GP is lovely giving such good advice.

puckingfixies Sun 03-Apr-16 01:48:07

It's still very early days Writer, don't put too much pressure on yourself flowers. We all deal with it differently but I found I was just beginning to feel a bit better after about five months and then very low again around what would have been my due date. So sorry you're going through this.

Penguinepenguins Sun 03-Apr-16 01:56:37

ro I've sent you a pm X we were in the July thread together xx

OP listen to the people here, we get through it if we stick together X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now