Talk

Advanced search

m/c 2 weeks ago but body still thinks I'm pregnant

(11 Posts)
bananafish81 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:15:17

Discovered MMC at 10 weeks just over a fortnight ago, baby measured 9 +3 with no fetal heartbeat (after seeing and hearing a cracking little heartbeat at 7+1 and 8+5) and had and ERPC the same day

Apparently my body hasn't got the message and is just taunting me.

My boobs still look pregnant (I'm v small framed and so even small changes on small boobs look very noticeable). You wait desperately hoping to see a BFP and now you can't wait to get rid of it. Apparently my body hasn't realise the baby isn't there any more, judging by the blazing BFPs I'm still getting. Will whoop for joy when I finally see a BFN. There's an irony in there somewhere...

How long did everybody else find it took their body to un-pregnant itself after a m/c?

Pacothepidgeon Wed 30-Mar-16 14:22:58

Hugs to you flowers

I stopped feeling sick and tired just before I miscarried at 11 weeks. I mc in feb but only felt recently my body is back to normal. In the last week or two I seem to have deflated.

I miscarried naturally but I was told that I should go back to epu if I was still getting a bfp two weeks later.

Take care x

PeppasNanna Wed 30-Mar-16 14:27:55

I had a MMC at 12 weeks. The baby died at 8+2. Terrible shock as i 'felt & looked' pregnant.

It was my 6th pregnancy but nothing prepared me. Still had all symptoms etc. I'm very petite so like you say, changes are very obvious.

My body realised about 3 days after the ERPC. Eventually had BFN about 2 weeks later.

flowers For you... x

KittyandTeal Wed 30-Mar-16 14:32:36

After my dd2 at 22 weeks I was advised it would be about 6 weeks before I got a bfn.

At 14 weeks they told me if I still had a bfp after 2 weeks to keep an eye out for signs of retained materials.

It can take a while for your body to get back to normal, especially after a mmc.
💐

bananafish81 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:54:50

I’m so very sorry for your losses Peppa and Kitty flowers

The world can be so very cruel

It was our 10w scan (IVF pregnancy), the baby had only died a few days previously - I feel very tricked by my body, I didn’t have many symptoms to begin with, but I certainly felt no different when I pregnant with a live baby, to when I was pregnant with a dead baby.

And actually to when I then wasn’t pregnant at all. I only really started bleeding about 5 days after the ERPC, until then I wouldn’t have otherwise known I’d even had the procedure,

Certainly not had any pain or even discomfort at any point - the bleeding was very light and is just the lightest of spotting now

Have the follow up with the Dr in a week or so, if I’m still getting blazing BFPs will ask him then (He did my ERPC, as well as both our IVF cycles)

Thank you so very much for sharing - guess my body is just taking its own sweet time to right itself xxx

bananafish81 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:57:53

And for yours also too paco flowers

Sincere apols I hadn't scrolled down far enough when typing the prev message

I didn't have any real pregnancy symptoms, no sickness or exhaustion - although my consultant said that because I was in so much pain (couldn't take my pain meds for a spinal injury that gives me chronic pain) any preggo symptoms probably just faded into the background

I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you xx

FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 30-Mar-16 20:58:47

I had a MMC & ERPC in 2009 at 13 weeks, had had really strong pregnancy symptoms and it took a long time to stop bleeding and for boobs, etc to go back to normal - probably a month or so until everything really settled down. Milk came in and all sorts. I was distraught.
Had another MMC at almost 11w last August, haemhorraged at home and was rushed in for an emergency ERPC. I hardly had any symptoms with that pg and things went back to normal much quicker. Spotting only lasted a week or so after the op and even with the massive blood loss I was feeling ok and much more myself within a couple of weeks. However I still tested positive for a while, 3 weeks post-ERPC I had the world's faintest positive so it would've been -ve a day or so later I expect. My cycles were also messed up for a while and the first couple of post-MC periods were no fun at all.
I'm so sorry for your loss, it's so horribly hard and unfair when you've seen a heartbeat beforehand. All the flowers for you.

Pineapple80 Thu 31-Mar-16 10:17:18

Hi bananafish, I'm so sorry for your loss thanks. I also had a mmc, I was meant to be 9.5 wks and the baby didn't grow past 6 weeks. I felt nauseated, bloated, fatigued, boobs still bigger up until I had the D&C. It was about a week or two after it that I got my energy back and started to feel a lot more "normal".

It is so heart breaking, it's awful so many others have to go through it too. take care of yourself.

bananafish81 Wed 06-Apr-16 14:13:42

So sorry for your losses Four and Pineapple

Thanks for sharing your experiences, it’s so helpful. It’s now well over 3 weeks post ERPC, and I am still getting blazing BFPs, and my body appears not to have clocked that I’m not supposed to be pregnant any more (boobs still look pregnant, still have faint pigmented belly line running down from my navel). Bleeding stopped ages ago, very light spotting stopped a while ago, it's just that my body doesn't seem to have un-pregnant-ed itself.

Consultant said it could take up to 4 weeks for hCG levels to return to 0, but as my BFPs aren’t any lighter at all, it’s not looking promising. Seeing him for follow up on Monday (when we get the genetic testing results to see if there are any answers for why the mc happened) so will get scanned and have bloods taken then. So bored of this. I’m not bleeding, I’m not in pain, but my body just doesn’t realise I’m not pregnant. So maybe there are retained products? Don’t know. Just fed up.

nailsathome Thu 07-Apr-16 07:30:10

I'm also still getting bfps 4 weeks after my miscarriage. I had a scan and it's all clear though so no idea wtf is going on.

I am still bleeding fairly heavily too. It's not enough to have lost a baby, you have to deal with all this crap too

bananafish81 Thu 07-Apr-16 18:08:20

Saw Dr for a scan this morning: no retained products, no damage to lining apparent, nothing left behind, we know there was no sign of a molar pregnancy, so there doesn’t seem to be anything sinister going on. Had bloods done, will have results when we’re back in on Monday for our post-ERPC follow up, so we can see where we stand.

Dr says we can crack on with our next IVF cycle as soon as my hormones are back to normal levels - so I hope my hCG is on its way down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now