Stop start bleeding

(4 Posts)
smellsofelderberries Sat 26-Mar-16 16:36:31

Hi all,

Looks like I might be having a second miscarriage. First one was a MMC (though lots of spotting/bleeding throughout with scans so knew it wasn't okay). This time I've had a bit of spotting. Bled all of Tuesday, enough to fill a pad, with clots and minor pain. Only residual brown discharge since. Scan on Thursday showed slow growth and no HB yet but all looked heathy (6 weeks). Just had very painful cramps (almost vomited from the pain) for 30 minutes and watery blood with 2 huge clots that came out (about half the size of my palm in total). Cramps now died down and bleeding calmed down a lot.

Anyone else have this experience and how long did it take for the miscarriage to start properly? Just wish it would get over with, as horrible as that sounds. Can't be doing with this stop/start business (not like I have a choice, but stillhmm)

Sunflower1985 Sat 26-Mar-16 21:13:53

flowers
Can't say for sure as I only have my own experience to go by. Mine was pretty stop- start for 5-6 days but has now (day 8) stopped altogether. No massive blood loss, unable to leave the bathroom type thing, I think because it was an early loss.
Sorry I can't be any help ... And with the Easter weekend there's not much advice to have from gp etc

KittyandTeal Sun 27-Mar-16 15:32:07

I would say with that kind of pain and bog clots you are quit possibly over the worst.

I had a medical management of a late MC but around 5 days later had contraction like pains (thought I was being an utter wimp!) went to the loo and passed a huge bit of tissue, around half the size of my 14 week gestation ds.

Since then the cramps have all but gone but I've been bleeding on and off. I think that's the way with MC. It sounds like you could be over the worst (physically)

smellsofelderberries Sun 27-Mar-16 19:37:19

Thanks for the replies ladies. I don't see how it could have been it, I've had no bleeding since and I (ugh sad) checked the clot and it was all tissue (wanted to make sure the sac wasn't in there). My sac was measuring 1cm at the scan a few days ago so I assume it's still in there.

Guess I'll just have to stick close to home and see what happens. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now