Mothers day Hell

(6 Posts)
IceAuntie Sun 06-Mar-16 12:55:14

Today is one of the worst days of my life. I'm sitting at the keyboard still bleeding, it's mothers day and my sister is going in to be induced! it's her third dd and I can't even hold onto my first! It hurts so badly! My dh and I have been trying for nearly a year now and this is a very early mc but I'm still upset. My sister wasn't even trying and she can manage perfection. I feel broken. Am I being silly if I can't be happy for her, to still be distraught even though it wasn't properly a baby yet?

RoTo72 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:10:33

You're not being silly. Her happiness is a reminder of ur loss and what you want so bad. Ur only human feeling like this. X

monkeytree Sun 06-Mar-16 14:27:41

Hi Ice
I'm so sorry for you loss x. Just wanted you to know that it's totally understandable for you to feel this way. Infertility and miscarriage is awful, just awful, you are not alone and days like this just re-enforce it all and like Roto said your sisters happiness is another reminder, it hurts, don't be hard on yourself for feeling this way, I hope you've got some understanding people around you x

Puggleface Sun 06-Mar-16 18:50:41

Sending you love a strength ice the world is horribly cruel! flowers

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Sun 06-Mar-16 18:55:23

I am so sorry for your loss and you are absolutely not silly to feel distraught flowers

FrazzleRock Mon 07-Mar-16 13:32:18

Hi Ice, I'm so sorry you're going through this awful time. I had a MMC two weeks ago so totally understand your pain. I am fortunate enough to have two older DC, but I can empathise as it took a long time to conceive the boys due to PCOS.

It just breaks my heart to see anyone else going through this pain, it's the cruelest thing. Mother's Day was shit. I cancelled lunch with my mum and sister because I didn't feel like celebrating. It's so hard seeing others, especially someone so close to you, conceiving so easily and having healthy pregancies.
You absolutely did have a baby. You are still parents, regardless. And you are well within your rights to be feeling the way you do. Take some time out, I'm sure your sister will understand, or she should do!

Do you have people in RL you can talk to? Feel free to PM me if you need to chat to a stranger.
flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now