Talk

Advanced search

The Grief of Mothers Day - secondary infertility

(1 Post)
monkeytree Thu 03-Mar-16 20:49:25

Hi

Mother's Day is fast approaching. I have 2 lovely dd's for which I'll be eternally grateful. I lost my ds at 20 weeks in Feb 2015 and I can honestly say I have been totally devastated. I've had fertility issues along the way and not likely to have anymore children. Infertility and mc is like a double whammy in my opinion.

Anyhow, my eldest dd (9) has been asking me what flowers do I like, what breakfast would I like etc and buzzing a little for Mother's Day. Lovely, granted but I'm just not in the right mindset to want a fuss. Mother's Day is never going to be the same for me. It's like a big reminder of that third little person who is missing. Can anyone else relate to this?

Also, I am estranged from my own mother. Difficult relationship for many years and the mc was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

I really feel for all those unable to have children who would have liked to have had children. We seem to get swept along with these 'special days' when really they're not special for everybody.

Your thoughts are appreciated, thanks mt x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now